Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Mar 12, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our Magical Wishes Wedding - 16th October 2012

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

Introduction

I thought it was time to start my pre trip report as last week we were officially pencilled in for our DFTW - Tuesday 16th October 2012

We had originally planned a May 2013 wedding, but over the last few weeks have learnt to live life to the full as sadly we lost my Grandad very suddenly. This made us question why are we waiting until 2013 so we checked with our guests and most of them could make October 2012 if we brought it forward so we contacted DFTW and after a lovely conversation with Pam, we are now pencilled in for a 5pm ceremony. We are hoping the wedding planning will help to my Nan over the next few months by taking her mind off things and also that she will be able to travel with us to celebrate, health permitting.

So, here we are on our first day of the magical trip we had in May this year

I am Emma (24) and DFi is Scott (23) - a toyboy!

We have been together for 4 years now, and lived together for 2 1/2. He was friends with my stepbrother at school so I kind of already knew him, and he tells me he used to fancy me when we were younger but it all started with a chat up line from him ... "Your mum tells me you don't know how to use a mop!" So romantic huh?! Scott used to have a Chelsea season ticket as does my Mum so he also knew her from football, hence the silly conversation about my mopping on the train home that day, thanks Mum!

We went to DLP in October 2008 with his sister and neice Ruby, who was only 3 at the time, and this is when our love for Disney really took off! We had always both enjoyed watching the films, we used to watch Scott's old VHSs in our early days! My favourite is of course Lady and the Tramp, while Scott likes Jungle Book and Lion King.

Here we are in DLP (with Ruby our flower girl!)

After moving into our house in 2009, holidays were put on the back seat to decorating, so when we started to think of where to go in 2011 there was only one place we could think of...Florida! We originally thought it would be too expensive but after a few hours with a Virgin rep we had booked 15 nighst at the Fairfield Inn and Suites on I Drive for May 2011, luckily this is when I found the Dibb and after lots of research we decided to change our holiday to 8 nights at POR with DDP, then I booked a surprise for Scott, a night at BLT with rented DVC points, before finally moving up to I Drive.

This was the most magical holiday ever, we loved it and we knew from the first day that we would be back, just like we had been told we would on here! lol. (Trip report is in my sig if anyone is interested)

Next up...the proposal
Please feel free to carry on...
lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
YAY new thread! subscribed
Old 31 Mar 12, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Hehe thanks girls, I have created an index for the last thread so should make it easier to follow along

Using Brian's iPad he got in Florida... feeling the iPad love!

Next part of my trippy I will do tomorrow morning whilst scottus at football xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 12, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Just realised I missed a post yesterday.
Glad the shopping trip was a success, lovely ring choices mine is very simular to yours except my diamonds aren't princess cut.
The villa you stayed in looks lovely, look forward to the next update.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 12, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Villa looks lovely x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 12, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ooh get you! New thread! Subscribing and can't wait for the next bit
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 12, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Thats so odd that they wouldn't let you have the beers. Good shopping day.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Just realised I missed a post yesterday.
Glad the shopping trip was a success, lovely ring choices mine is very simular to yours except my diamonds aren't princess cut.
The villa you stayed in looks lovely, look forward to the next update.
Thanks Sarah. love sparkly wedding rings!

Villa was lovely

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Villa looks lovely x
It was indeed! xxx

Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Ooh get you! New thread! Subscribing and can't wait for the next bit
Hehe thanks Soph xxx

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Thats so odd that they wouldn't let you have the beers. Good shopping day.
Yeah a bit annoying Thanks xxx

Sorry for lack of updates yesterday, still having nightmares with the house but hoping to get soemwhere today when the loss adjuster comes back this afternoon...watch this space...
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

Old 2 Apr 12, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Hope you are getting somewhere with the house "stuff". Bet you could do without it

Waiting patiently for the next update, theay are worth waiting for

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Hope you are getting somewhere with the house "stuff". Bet you could do without it

Waiting patiently for the next update, theay are worth waiting for
Thanks Christybell, we have a leak which has caused damp to spread throughout the whole of downstairs so the carpets have had to come up and all furniture out, and now it has spread to the kitchen the house is unliveable, so we have been mvoed into a hotel for the next 6-8 weeks while they fix it Not fun, but at least we are out of the horrible damp, just makes it a bit of a pain living out of suitcases. Will update soon!

Closed Thread