Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 13, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Question Any advice please

Hi I have booked with Thomas Cook Signature a 4 bed Disney area superior deluxe villa. At the time of booking I was told I would get the villa address 14 days before departure. We need this because my son needs oxygen and to get this organised over there we need the address of where we are staying.

This however has not happened and we leave next Monday 14th Oct.
All they can tell me is that the management company is Hotel Beds and they will not allocate us a villa until Friday at the earliest.

We have been fobbed off before saying we would get told the address yesterday and now its changed to Friday.

This was not booked as a aoa holiday as we already explained our situation with them about needing the address for the oxygen supplier or we would never of booked with them.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Could the management company take delivery of the oxygen for you? That may be easier than trying to organise a delivery at short notice. Either they could delver it to the villa for your arrival or you could collect from them if you need to check in there to collect keys or alarm code etc.
Old 8 Oct 13, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi thanks for your reply. It looks like that is the only thing we can do. We have been in touch with the oxygen company since we booked the holiday but were waiting to give them the address of the villa 14 days prior to departure like we had been told from TC.
I am just so annoyed that what Thomas Cook promised me and I had the privilege of paying for is not happening.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Old 8 Oct 13, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have you contacted Hotel Beds to explan the situation and see if they can give you the address.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep Hotel Beds are well aware of the situation but have said Friday at earliest for address. They already had said we would find out yesterday but changed this to Friday now.
The manager of my local branch of Thomas Cook has been very supportive and is trying to get this sorted out as she feels badly about us getting wrong information from Thomas Cook Signature Holidays.
I was already apprehensive about Hotel Beds due to hearing about and reading about the bad reviews so now instead of being excited and looking forward to our holiday am filled with apprehension.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Old 8 Oct 13, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
This sounds like TC have charged you a premium for booking named accommodation but in reality they have booked aoa, as the MC would know exactly were you were staying if it had been booked as named accommodation.

Sorry but it looks like you have been short changed by TC.

Hope you get sorted.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks but that's exactly what I've been thinking and under the circumstances feel very let down by Thomas Cook.
I have put in a letter of complaint as advised by the manager but don't know what good that's gonna do when we leave on Monday.
Old 8 Oct 13, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyHils View Post
Thanks but that's exactly what I've been thinking and under the circumstances feel very let down by Thomas Cook.
I have put in a letter of complaint as advised by the manager but don't know what good that's gonna do when we leave on Monday.
Unfortunately there is very little you can do at this stage apart from lodge a complaint, have a look over your confirmation paperwork to see if it states that you have booked a named villa and not just a named area, as a named area is aoa but in a specific community, this just means you will know the community you will be on but the villa could be anywhere on that community.

Steve
Old 8 Oct 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

They often do not allocate until the day you arrive that's normal. Shame you didn't book direct with an owner so you knew where you were going .
Old 8 Oct 13, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I'd be on facebook & twitter with Thomas Cook - they sometimes get it together if you complain loud enough on there.

Obviously TC don't have proper procedures in place to pre-allocate villas and they have sold you a holiday on a promise they couldn't or didn't intend to keep.

Worst case scenario is you have to get the oxygen delivered to hotel beds but after that you can enjoy your holiday.

Be persistant with your complaints though - you have a legitimate greivance and they will be hoping you will just shut up and go away.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread