Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Your engagement pics are lovely and your wedding plans sound fab so far. Regina does amazing work we had her for our evening shots and we also had the Grand 1 - fingers crossed you get it on your date, it really is a spectacular way to end the day

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsWoody View Post
Your engagement pics are lovely and your wedding plans sound fab so far. Regina does amazing work we had her for our evening shots and we also had the Grand 1 - fingers crossed you get it on your date, it really is a spectacular way to end the day
Thank you so much! I'm so pleased with them
Oh I'm so glad you liked her, and the Grand 1 was good (do you have a TR? Going to check if you do now... )
Thanks for reading along
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Yay for Regina, we love her! we did our engagement photos with her in November and she's just the sweetest thing ever

Your plans sound amazing - the Grand 1 will be spectacular!
Oh good! I'm so glad you like her! It's so tough with a photographer, because I really want them to get us & know what we're about. Not having met her, it's a hard one.
I hope so! I just hope we get it now, fingers tightly crossed.

Oh yeah for D&D so excited about them! They're my favs
Old 20 Jan 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hey there!
didn't realise when you meant soon you meant so soon!
so excited for you as you know, it's going to be the perfect beach wedding! are you getting videography?
you're going to get some fabulous pictures with regina!
Old 20 Jan 14, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
Hey there!
didn't realise when you meant soon you meant so soon!
so excited for you as you know, it's going to be the perfect beach wedding! are you getting videography?
you're going to get some fabulous pictures with regina!
Haha! Yes, I'm on it
Sadly it's not in our budget at the moment. I was tempted to add an hour or two with the S&D package, but I think I'd like a lot of the whole day. I'm trying to think of who I can ask (one of our guests) that would get some clips that I could edit together well, but I'm not sure.
Old 20 Jan 14, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazy68
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
It makes me sad even thinking about it now, but it's still very sad that non dftw couples aren't allowed to have that opportunity.
?
What is this please?

26 States (+DC) visited (several more than once!), 24 still to go!

Edited at 10:05 PM.
DisneyCrazy68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy68 View Post
?
What is this please?
non disney fairy tale weddings
Old 20 Jan 14, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Your plans sound awesome
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Your plans sound awesome
Thanks for reading along
Old 21 Jan 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Some of the Details

So, as this is a destination wedding I feel a lot of the planning has been taken out of my hands. This isn't something I'm used to, but instead of having to deal with the "bigger things" I spending my time looking for the smaller details that will make our wedding special. Of course, as it's over seas we can't do everything, but having the party back home will allow me to go creative & DIY crazy, while in Orlando I'll pick a few bits that I can showcase for our special day.

Lets start with the pre-RSVP's, this idea came from Amy (loves_disney. We wanted to get an idea of No's and then Maybes/yes's as our family & friends aren't really "that way inclined" shall we say. So we don't expect many to join us.
We made these our selves with Google, online edit programmes, and then got them printed off at Staples.

(excuse the spelling mistake- I photographed the first copies)
I really loved these, the obvious air mail feel of them and the packaging feel with the string & tag.

We managed to snap this (after much self timer & focus problems) but in the end we didn't end up using it, but I still think it's cute.

The Dress

I'm obviously not going to show my actual dress on here, but yes, I do have it. I had an appointment at an alternative wedding dress shop in London, when me and 2/3 of my bridesmaids went to London before Christmas. It's alternative as it caters for tea length and shorter length dresses, which is something I knew I really wanted. After trying on 25 dresses in an hour (I was a machine) I found a few I loved, one of which I couldn't stop thinking about. However at £995 I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a dress I'd wear twice. The dress has never been "my thing" which is a huge surprise because style & clothing means so much to me in every day life, having a style blog just kind of does that to you. However I just didn't want to, even if Mum said she would. Having a little look on eBay one night I came across a perfect copy! It was from the UK (so no cheap china material) free returns if I didn't like it, and it was simply seconds/end of line from a bridal shop. I consulted Mum, and bought it straight away, being the my size now, I thought it was perfect to start with and get alterations nearer the time some where near us. For less than a third of the one in the shop, it's almost identical! It's crazy, and I'm so pleased with it. It's a dress I can jump around it, feel beautiful, and wear around a beach and on a yacht!
This is the dress I first fell in love with, from this point I knew lace and a short length was the way I'd go. At £1500 this sadly isn't "my dress" but it's been a huge inspiration from the go.

The girls dresses are also done! Beckys needs to be taken in a bit, Clares is pretty much perfect, and Sians is just on the tight side. I wanted them all in different dresses, one of the reasons is because I didn't know if Clare & Sian were joining me until later and when I first saw the 1st dress for Becky, I knew I couldn't leave it behind. I however also knew, being a high street dress, it wouldn't stay around for too long... and soon it sold out.
The colours match really well, not exactly but close enough not to look odd. The styles are all similar, skater type with some detailing, but they're all different. I really love them!

(They're from Zalando, Motel via ASOS and Newlook)

They're wearing cream roses around their wrist, and hopefully cream/white converse style trainers too- although this is under discussion, but I think it would be an awesome photo op.

Rings
We bought our rings from Argos with vouchers we got for Christmas & our engagement party. This may not be up every ones street, but we're really happy with them and we didn't want anything OTT- so they work perfectly.

Extras
There's a few things I've been collecting for the day, and to take over with us. We don't want to take too much, but we'll be spreading them amongst friends and families suitcase so they can help us out.
I have white wicker hearts to hang on the outter seats going down the isle, these are just from Primark, but with the rose petals along the "isle" I think it will just be perfect.
We of course have our bride & groom ears (We made Sams) that will be going out there too, no doubt I'll be in mine a lot through the wedding-moon.
I'm also getting the girls some bridesmaid ears made by a close from who has a hair accessories company, she will also be making my head wear for the day too.
We're taking out some scrabble pieces, to sit on the cake table. Although I'm not 100% sure what we'll spell out yet.

I manged to track down some "just married" badges from a Facebook selling site. I am SO thrilled, and they are like gold to me.

I also have some sunglasses for myself and the girls, again just something silly, but perfect for some photos. I just love them!

Hope you've enjoyed reading through
Closed Thread