Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 14, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Congratulations!

We are another 'might' for our upcoming 2015 trip. I have to keep things a bit 'low key' on at the moment as we have family members on here that know my username!
Exciting oh it's very hard keeping it a secret isn't it. It's also hard keeping it as a maybe if you want a nice dress etc, as we now realise, it's decision time . Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by letty View Post
I had to pop over from your other pre trip thread to see the dresses lol!
I like both but number one would be my choice, how exciting
Thanks, Andy asked me this morning why I was still faffing about with dresses , he thinks the first one is the one. I'd like a nice cocktail dress for dinner in the evening though . I'm not going to look at these two for a while and see how I feel , might try them on when it's next really hot ( could be some time) and see which is most comfy.

Thanks for reading x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Exciting oh it's very hard keeping it a secret isn't it. It's also hard keeping it as a maybe if you want a nice dress etc, as we now realise, it's decision time . Thanks for reading x
I know what you mean - think we'll make a decision in September when we can actually book the date etc x

(However - hasn't stopped me looking at dresses etc in Debenhams and online! )
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

I've only just caught up with this thread.

OMG I'd burst. I wouldn't be able to contain myself!

Love both of the dresses but prefer the first dress.

Deb
Old 25 May 14, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I prefer the first dress

My sister in la just got married after being with her partner for 25-30 years. I didn't think her husband would be bothered but talking to him afterwards he really enjoyed it and was very pleased they had done it. They are all smiles in the photos as well, look like they are having the best day ever.

It sounds like you both want to get married, so make some plans and make it definite

Edited at 04:22 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
I've only just caught up with this thread.

OMG I'd burst. I wouldn't be able to contain myself!

Love both of the dresses but prefer the first dress.

Deb
Deb, thanks, its blinking hard this secret malarkey - that's why I have to post it all on the Dibb !

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I prefer the first dress

My sister in la just got married after being with her partner for 25-30 years. I didn't think her husband would be bothered but talking to him afterwards he really enjoyed it and WANs by pleased they had done it. They are all smiles in the photos as well, look like they are having the best day ever.

It sounds like you both want to get married, so make some plans and make it definite
thank you Bev, yes, we are now very much liking the idea of tying the knot after all this time

So, I managed to try them both on and get a pic - obviously I am at my most gorjuss best - not done my hair no make up, laundry everywhere and omg thank heavens I get my roots done next week - but you get an idea of the dresses on me . I was really conscious of being seen in them so I have this pained " hurry up" face on - must work on that for the big day , oops

So, the current thread fave , dress number 1 - soooo comfy, very elegant and I think will be lovely and cool to wear. I just have this nagging thing its too plain , am I being silly ?

Nunber 2 - looks much more flattering on, makes that fab swishy noise when you move, so "princessy", its lovely - but the skirt is heavy. I definitely cant put on any weight and I just wonder if I will get too hot and bothered - it did make me feel special though

Too many choices, and then there's the quest for the dress for dinner afterwards

And then the other choices, specs or contacts, coloured accessories or plain ( Andy is currently thinking of burgundy for his tie )

I will post these on my pre trippy as well - be interesting to see what the non Wedding Dibbers think too

Thanks for looking and posting all, its lovely xx
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I think cool and comfortable to wear is important, but if you've got a nagging doubt then that's probably not going to go away
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Bev, thanks , deep down I know you are right - I cant decide if its just because I love the prettiness of the second one when in my heart the first one is so easy to wear and is so elegant - lol, I feel a bit cheated, the first dress I pick and its perfect, I had been expecting (looking forward to) weeks of choosing !

Andy still says take both, wear one on the day and one for the photoshoot and send them both home by FedEx !
Old 25 May 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The first one is simpler but you could wear a nice necklace to set it off. Then you could chose something a bit more sparkly for your evening dress.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Oh Amanda they both look beautiful on. If I was you though, I think on my wedding day I would want to feel "special" rather than "comfy and cool" So I'm changing my vote to dress 2

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ohhhh exciting! Can you remove the straps on the first one? I think that would make quite a big difference?
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread