Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
US Rent A Car
Unread 17 Oct 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rataouille92 View Post
I have a slight update..

My OH has now said about eloping next year when we go to Florida to save on costs!
It means it would just be an intimate ceremony with just me and him but i feel i maybe too late with wedding dresses etc!?

We are saving to move out still so will move into my parents and move out by the summer i hope. Or is that weird the fact we don't have a house but will be married?
Oh even more exciting , I'm sure if you got onto Joanie she would let you know if available and its less time to get stressed out about it all

Wedding dress would depend on what you want I suppose there are a lot of shops around that sell ex sample dresses or of the rack such as Wed2b or independent shops so sure you could get one you love in time.

The house would be even more special when it comes as you'll move in a married couplexx

If its what you both want go for it xxx Joanie really has done all the organising and all we've had to do is clothing and rings xx Will do licence once there and maybe grab some flowers , hair sorted then turn up done xxx

Perfect for us as I don't have to get stressed out with all the normal planning etc

Good luck let us know if you go ahead xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All done and Married now
Unread 17 Oct 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
Oh even more exciting , I'm sure if you got onto Joanie she would let you know if available and its less time to get stressed out about it all

Wedding dress would depend on what you want I suppose there are a lot of shops around that sell ex sample dresses or of the rack such as Wed2b or independent shops so sure you could get one you love in time.

The house would be even more special when it comes as you'll move in a married couplexx

If its what you both want go for it xxx Joanie really has done all the organising and all we've had to do is clothing and rings xx Will do licence once there and maybe grab some flowers , hair sorted then turn up done xxx

Perfect for us as I don't have to get stressed out with all the normal planning etc

Good luck let us know if you go ahead xx
I have emailed Joanie and she has given me 5 dates to choose from so i am going to pop over the form tonight to get it booked in!

Thank you i will take a look at the websites/shops

Are you doing your own hair? I have found some nice fake bouquets from Ebay for a tenner which i think i am going to buy

I just need to think how to get to Cocoa Beach from our hotel on I Drive as we don't have a car!

Sounds like a great plan that you have! Less stress for you too Are you having cake?
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Getting Married in Florida!
Unread 18 Oct 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

I have emailed Joanie and she has given me 5 dates to choose from so i am going to pop over the form tonight to get it booked in!

Thank you i will take a look at the websites/shops

Are you doing your own hair? I have found some nice fake bouquets from Ebay for a tenner which i think i am going to buy

I just need to think how to get to Cocoa Beach from our hotel on I Drive as we don't have a car!

Sounds like a great plan that you have! Less stress for you too Are you having cake?

Sounds good i'd say go for it xx,

Found my dress quite quickly from a lady selling ex samples and as its corset back sizing isn't a problem, tried about 8 on at hers and just felt special in the ONE xx and friend cried lol xx

Hair having done by Tracy (Tracys hair at home on FB) who Joanie recommends and allows keys to for her bridal room so meeting her at 915 . OH and son will go and have breakfast somewhere then son will come in with me just before walk down to beach x hopefully

Not doing cake, but Publix do have some lovely cakes that may be suitable if you are looking

We have a car so are travelling day before so cant really help on transport sorry , you may be able to cost transport up with Uber taxis or mears transport or one of the limo companies perhaps

Flowers there is a florist that Joanie uses in cocoa beach so might just pop in day before and grab a few flowers lol xx

Good luck with the planning , once you book with Joanie she sends all the details to you regarding what happens on day , about photo package, about music and a choice of ceremonies xx and few other bits of helpful info xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All done and Married now
Unread 18 Oct 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Sounds good i'd say go for it xx,

Found my dress quite quickly from a lady selling ex samples and as its corset back sizing isn't a problem, tried about 8 on at hers and just felt special in the ONE xx and friend cried lol xx

Hair having done by Tracy (Tracys hair at home on FB) who Joanie recommends and allows keys to for her bridal room so meeting her at 915 . OH and son will go and have breakfast somewhere then son will come in with me just before walk down to beach x hopefully

Not doing cake, but Publix do have some lovely cakes that may be suitable if you are looking

We have a car so are travelling day before so cant really help on transport sorry , you may be able to cost transport up with Uber taxis or mears transport or one of the limo companies perhaps

Flowers there is a florist that Joanie uses in cocoa beach so might just pop in day before and grab a few flowers lol xx

Good luck with the planning , once you book with Joanie she sends all the details to you regarding what happens on day , about photo package, about music and a choice of ceremonies xx and few other bits of helpful info xx
I emailed! I got the invoice through but the contract didn't get through so emailed Joanie to get it sent over again

Aww that is lovely! Ex dresses are always bargains but look good at the same time.

Thanks i will look into the hair

I have emailed some car companies to see if someone can take us so fingers crossed i can get a good rate!

Do you know if it is easy to find Joanies office on cocoa beach? Obviously it is a huge beach but no idea if its easy to find? I know you haven't been yourself yet but with you driving there i was just curious?

Thank you! Please keep me updated with your planning xx
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 Oct 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We drove the day before & stayed over, then drove to Joanie's office the following morning. It was fairly easy to find (with sat nav)!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

I emailed! I got the invoice through but the contract didn't get through so emailed Joanie to get it sent over again

Aww that is lovely! Ex dresses are always bargains but look good at the same time.

Thanks i will look into the hair

I have emailed some car companies to see if someone can take us so fingers crossed i can get a good rate!

Do you know if it is easy to find Joanies office on cocoa beach? Obviously it is a huge beach but no idea if its easy to find? I know you haven't been yourself yet but with you driving there i was just curious?

Thank you! Please keep me updated with your planning xx
Lovely, sometimes there can be a delay due to time differences or if Joanie is conducting a wedding , but she always responds xx

Have looked at Google maps and found the office which has car park behind then straight onto the beach xx We are stopping what looks like just up the road at La Quinta x

The drive looks like its approx. a hr away so will spend day at beach the day before hopefully xx

Will keep you updated and let me know how your getting on

Going to get rings hopefully in Dec/Jan xx

Anything else I can help with just ask if I know I'll answer lol xx

OMG just seen my countdown not looked in a little while
All done and Married now
Unread 20 Oct 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
slightly serious Dibber

Thats where we stayed too! When we went down for brekkie it was packed so we ended up walking to Denny's instead.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Lovely, sometimes there can be a delay due to time differences or if Joanie is conducting a wedding , but she always responds xx

Have looked at Google maps and found the office which has car park behind then straight onto the beach xx We are stopping what looks like just up the road at La Quinta x

The drive looks like its approx. a hr away so will spend day at beach the day before hopefully xx

Will keep you updated and let me know how your getting on

Going to get rings hopefully in Dec/Jan xx

Anything else I can help with just ask if I know I'll answer lol xx

OMG just seen my countdown not looked in a little while
Yeah she said her partner is having surgery which is completely understandable! I have just sent off the contract and my deposit!

Great thank you.

Have you decided what kind of rings you want?

Wow your countdown is getting quite low now! It will be here before you know it

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
We drove the day before & stayed over, then drove to Joanie's office the following morning. It was fairly easy to find (with sat nav)!
Thank you! I have luckily got floridatransport.com who is going to take us in a luxury SUV for a good price i was panicking thinking we would need to take an Uber!

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Thats where we stayed too! When we went down for brekkie it was packed so we ended up walking to Denny's instead.
Is Dennys good for breakfast? i want to try it!
Attraction Tickets Direct