Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

First Time Disney Goer & Dopey Challenge - HELP!

Good Morning Everyone,

I will be visiting WDW for the first time with my Husband from 3rd - 17th Jan 2020. We are staying on property at POR for the full 2 weeks with the Quick Service Dining Plan.

Whilst we are there we are taking part in the Dopey Challenge from the 9th - 12th so 4 of our mornings will be spent with 3am starts and running a 5km, 10km, Half Marathon and Full Marathon.

I totally understand that we wont be able to "do it all" and we are absolutely fine with that - We are more interested in the rides than anything else - not too fussed about spending hours in line to meet characters as we will get to see the majority of them during the races... Did I mention we are also planning to do Universal a couple of days?!

Im wondering if anyone has any itinerary suggestions to help us plan? My husband has been to WDW before but not for about 15 years and I am a first timer so don't really know where to start! I am conscious that the days we are running the longer races (half and full) we probably wont want to do much that day...Or the day after!

Park recommendations and food (QSDP) recommendations are all welcome! We are also planning on having 1, maybe 2 nicer meals out in the evening.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Edited at 09:37 AM.
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't think anybody can literally plan this for you or will have a ready made plan that would suit. However in terms of approach, I think many people start with a spreadsheet with a column for each day and then divide each day into morning, afternoon, evening and include space for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Once you have this, mark in your arrival and departure times and dates and in your case, block out whatever times and dates you will be occupied with the challenge.

Then see what is left and divide the time up between the parks you want to spend time at. You will want to know at least which park you will go to first each day for booking fast passes later on. We tend to do two parks a day, but the second one we are flexible on.

You won't be able to pre-book QS dining so that reduces the planning but you might want to add into your spreadsheet which nicer meals you fancy and when best to fit them in.

The exception to QS pre-booking is BOG breakfast and lunch which can be booked, ABC Commissary in HS is also bookable for dinner at the moment but I don't know if it will still be the case in January. I would recommend a pre park opening time BOG breakfast at least once as it will help to beat some queues in Magic Kingdom.

I don't know a lot of QS venues as we have tended to use QS credits on breakfast mainly. But some picks are Peco Bills in MK, Sanaa breakfast only (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Sat'uli Canteen in AK, Katsura Grill (Epcot), Blaze Pizza, Polite Pig and Wolfgang Puck Express (all at Disney Springs).

I think it could be a bit tight fitting Universal in as well considering the challenge, it might be worth booking one night in an express pass hotel and limiting that to two days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List