Notices

Old 10 Apr 15, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here Now! first WDW family holiday - live report (hopefully)

Well - it's today!

After a year of planning, reading, researching and booking the day has arrived for us to start our holiday. Later today we will get the train from Glasgow down to Manchester and stay overnight for our flight with Thomas Cook on Saturday morning.

I have packed all the suitcases, packed the hand luggage, and think I am organised but can't shake the horrible feeling I have forgot something. If so, I have all morning to realise what that is! The plan this morning is the usual house clean, strip and remake the beds, lay out the food for the cat, get the key to the neighbour, lock up and away we go.

I have never done a trip report before so apologise in advance if it turns out a bit rubbish. I'm not very technical but appear to have managed to add photos in test mode so here's hoping. Will get the selfie stick out later as the day goes on and see how it goes.

We are the McNicols: Helen (41, planner and organiser), Kevin (42, Hubby and excited new Go-Pro owner), Hannah (11, going on 18) and Kieran (7, Star Wars fanatic). Although Kevin and I have been to Florida many years ago (1995 and 2002) this is our first time with the kids and I am so excited I feel physically sick!

When we are 5 days into our 3 week holiday we will be joined by our friends the Eastons who have booked a villa a few doors up from ours. They are: Dianne (41, my best friend of 30 years), Andrew (45, her hubby and Kevins fellow excited new Go-Pro owner), Evan (11), Matthew (9) and Emma (who turns 7 while we are there and we have a special day planned). The Eastons took their their kids to Florida a couple of years ago so have a bit more knowledge than me about where things are etc.

The Eastons booked their own flights, car hire and villa but have happily left the day to day planning to me, as I am a bit of a Monica in that I think you should always 'organise the fun'. Thankfully they are pretty laid back and happy to go with the flow. They are also happy that my obsessive dibbing has thrown up a few tips n tricks so we will see how that goes. I have all 9 of us on my MDE and have booked everyones fastpasses. I do wish sometimes I could relax a bit about it so am hoping I can make myself chill if it goes a bit off-plan once we are there.

This is our planner and how it SHOULD all go. And I also have my wee books all sorted with my paperwork in. What can possibly go wrong eh?...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 10 Apr 15 8:45 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have a fantastic time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Off to a great start - have a fantastic trip
spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
hope you have a fab time looking forward to reading your report
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Have a great time and look forward to your reports

Enjoy!

Dee
xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoy every second ! sounds like u have planned everything!
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jsl0801
Very Serious Dibber

have a brilliant holiday - we go in 10 weeks and I haven't planned a thing
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have an amazing time! Great start will look out for your updates!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Looking forward to following you.
Great start,have a fab time.

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List