Notices

Old 11 Apr 15, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here Now! first WDW family holiday - live Airport / Hotel

Travel to Manchester Airport / Bewleys overnight.

Boarded the train at 3:09pm from Glasgow Central direct to Manchester Airport. Yeah right.

We will come back to that later 😋

Hubby works for Network rail so we all have privilege passes that allow us free rail travel so many times a year. Kevin showed them to the guard who said we could sit in first class as a wee perk – result. Nice and quiet. At least it was until Kieran started snoring a couple of hours in. The old couple across from us were not amused! Bit of a cheek as there had not been a peep out of the kids until then as they were colouring in and playing with their tablets. He does snore like a bear my boy.

The journey was blissfully uneventful until an hour before we were due to arrive when they announced the train would be terminating at Manchester Piccadilly and we would have to change trains to carry on to the airport. No explanation as to why of course. We made our way off the train, lift up to the main station then all the way over to the other side and onto another train. We arrived at the airport station at 19:19 instead of the scheduled 18:47 so not too bad considering.

Very simple to find terminal 1 check in desks and the Thomas Cook sundown check-in at the far left side. Nobody else waiting so straight up to the desk and all checked in and suitcases gone within 10 minutes. 3 suitcases so £15 total. The Thomas Cook guy confirmed heading through security about 8:15am should be plenty of time for our 10:15am flight now that we had our boarding passes. He also gave us very simple directions to walk over to Bewleys, and after being stuck on a train for 4hours the fresh air was much appreciated!

You do have to cross a dual carriageway which I had read on another trip report and thought sounded well dodgy with 2 kids. But in actual fact, although it is a dual carriageway, it is a slip road into the airport, with a large staggered island in the centre with very little traffic so perfectly safe.

Checked in within 10 minutes and booked the shuttle bus over to the airport for 8am purely as its due to rain in the morning. If its dry we will walk as I think it would be quicker! We had booked Bewleys a good 9 or 10 months ago direct on the website at £89 for the family room including breakfast for the 4 of us. The room is spacious and clean so perfectly happy.

We headed down for dinner, and as someone else advised in a TR, avoided the more expensive Brasserie in favour of the bar lounge. I had Thai Chicken Curry, Kevin had a Chicken Burger, Hannah had a Southern Fried Chicken sub and Kieran had a pepperoni pizza. Now I can't promise this level of detail on food in future days as I think I will be rubbish at remembering photos and bills but I will try. Food was all really nice, a couple of drinks later and we came back up to the room to settle in for the night and recharge everything in readiness for the airport tomorrow.

Bewleys is supposed to have free wi-fi everywhere but although I could get it on my iphone I could not
get it on the ipad. So having typed this up tonight I will need to wait until morning to see if I can paste it into the reporter app to upload it.

All in bed at 11pm with alarms set for 6am.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 11 Apr 15 5:56 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Pretty good pre travel day, Bewleys looks quite nice.
Have a good flight
Old 11 Apr 15, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

A lovely relaxed start. Next stop USA. Looking forward to your trip report.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Apart from the train incident great pre travel day

Look forward to the rest of your trippy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
niccynoo66
Excited about Disney

hi

Thanks for posting, we are staying at Bewleys in May so it was good to see !

have a great holiday
Nicky xx
niccynoo66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have an amazing holiday,

xx
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Have a great holiday. We'll be arriving Manchester airport on Wednesday!

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Have a great flight

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
How exciting to be at the start of your adventure... looking forward to reading your reports from a first timer perspective.

Have a fabulous time!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List