Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Apr 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 4 - Move To RPR Club Level, IOA & Citywalk - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida Trip R

We were up at 7:30 and started to shower and pack, as today we were moving from The Rosen to Royal Pacific Resort. Well, I had already been au between 5 and 6 of course. When will the time difference finally settle?! We left the Rosen at 9:10 and arrived at the RPR at 9:25. Kevin dropped us at the door with the luggage and went off to self park. When he got back we checked in and put the luggage in the luggage services until our room would be ready later this afternoon. As it was 9:40 we headed up to the 7th floor to the lounge to check out the breakfast options before it closed at 10am.

There was plenty on offer. Cereals, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, hot porridge, yoghurts, and juice, tea & coffee. The kids got stuck in and ate loads before we left at 10am. Down to reception and used the kiosks to print our Front Of Line Passes FOLP. Then we went down to the pool level and walked round to get the water taxi

We were at Citywalk within 5 mins, after listening to the sweet old captain telling all his jokes. Kieran gave him a new joke a he laughed and said that was going to be his joke of the day tomorrow. Walked round to Islands of Adventure, in with our tickets and went to the photo services to register the photo connect that we bought some months back before the price hike. She printed both Kevin and I a photo card each to present any time we want to add a photo to our account. I will log on and see if they are there yet to see if I have any I can share on here. We made sure we presented the card for all the ride photos but the only photos by a photographer were a few at the entrance with one, then at Harry Potter with another. We saw very few of them around so hopefully more tomorrow.

We reactivated the refillable cup from last year at a cost of $7.45 which would get us free refills all day. This definitely works to help us keep the kids hydrated. Just the novelty of having a different flavour each time keeps them supping all day.

We passed by the Hulk all boarded up while its closed, the round to Doctor Dooms Fear Fall. As this is a sheer drop I will not go on it. The wait time said 25m and Kevin and the kids were on and back off within 7 mins so they of course went on for another go.

Then it was round to Spider-Man. My Favourite. It showed a 35 min wait and we were on within 12mins with the passes. So again, we went straight back on and it was 12m again. I love this ride and felt it was even better than we had remembered. We actually wondered if it had been updated or changed since last year. Is that possible? Kieran gave Kevin his best scary face for a photo!

We moved on up to start the water rides, much like the other day wanting them done so we can dry off. I do the water rides but can't say I am a fan of them. I do them for the kids sake. I don't like getting cold and wet, even in sunny Florida getting wet makes me cold until I am totally dried in. Bilge Rat Barges left Hannah and I ringing wet with Kevin and Kieran getting off lighter again. What is it with those 2! Rip Saw Falls soon sorted that out with both of them getting as soaked as us. Around this time we got a text to say the room was ready but we decided to finish the park rather than go back.

We tried to get the kids on Pteranodon fliers but they were both too tall so that was that. We bought some Dippin Dots before we walked round to the Jurassic River Adventure. Thankfully nothing more than a wee spray on this one. I say thankfully as I had only just defrosted and was starting to dry. We had a look at the Raptor Encounter but the host said it was 35 to 40 minutes wait so we left that.

Round into Hogsmeade where we finally saw a photographer for a photo. The queue for Forbidden Journey said 45mins but we decided to wait anyway as we really wanted to do all of IOA today if we could. We were actually on within 25 minutes so that wasn't too bad. The worst thing about this ride is the lockers. So crowded, and difficult to get back to the station you started at! It would help if folk would have the sense for only one of them to go in, but for some strange reason this escapes folk and they all traipse in together, then 4 of them stand behind the one doing the finger print staring like zombies. Aarrgghh.

Next up was Flight of the Hippogriff. This was more rattly than I remembered and I politely declined a second go, sending the kids on another twice. Then it was Duelling Dragons time. Wait time said 25m and with the FOLP we waited about 5. We rode red then straight back on and rode Blue. I think I prefer the red.

We wandered on down through the rest of the park. Through Seuss Landing. I really do not like all the Seuss stuff. I know most folk do but I have always found it creepy and I do not know for the life of me why. I am the same with anything by Tim Burton. Just not for me. None of us fancied anything in here (tell me if I have missed anything great!) so we basically just strolled through it.

It was now 3:45 so we decided it was time to get back to the hotel. Our lazy legs took the water taxi again. We got back to reception, picked up the bags and room keys and headed up to our room allocated on the 6th floor. You know the Eastons who were with us last year but not this year? Well Kevin has been tormenting the life out of poor Andrew making him jealous by sending pics back home. He sent him a gorgeous pic of the pool this morning saying it was the view from our room. Honestly, Men! Andrew – we are overlooking a main road so don't listen to him! The room itself is lovely though and has an empty fridge so I was relieved to get my precious Lindt chocolates stashed safely away!

At 4:30 we headed up to the club lounge as it was food n drinks time. There is lots of choice again. Salads, breads, crisps, fruit, wine, beer, cans of Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite etc.

And the hot choice is Philly Cheese Steak (below)

It was delicious and we all had a plate of that. Suitably full, and Kevin with a few Buds behind him, those 3 have now headed down to the pool. I am sitting here, with my iPad and (my third) glass of red wine, doing today's TR. Once up, I am going to head back to the room and unpack all we will need and start getting ready. We are off to Citywalk for dinner later. Hoping to try Bubba Gumps for dinner, followed by a few cocktails in Margaritaville, but we will see what happens. Hopefully I won't be too foo of cocktails to finish this off tonight! But if so, I will no doubt be up at 5am anyway like I have every other morning so will do it then.

WORK IN PROGRESS - BE RIGHT BACK!

We were ready bang on 8pm so went back to the lounge to see what desserts were available in the sweet treats hour 8 to 9. There were lots of different cookies, mini Crème brûlée and mini chocolate hazelnut cakes.

I had applied for the Landry card before last years holiday but it didn't arrive in time and instead was there when we got home. When I had been checking the balance months ago it still showed the $25 intro and the $25 birthday credit but I knew these would probably both expire before we got here. But I thought if it helped us get a table then so be it. Went up to the entrance and the family of 3 in front of us were being told it would be a 40 minute wait. When they moved aside to wait I showed the Landry card and asked for a table for 4. He spoke into his walking talkie and said to come straight through. Result!

Now this is where the detail gets a bit hazy as I should have taken a few snaps of the menu so I knew the names of things! Kevin ordered some big shrimp sampler thing.

I ordered the salmon and veg platter

Both the kids ordered from the kids menu. Hannah roasted cheese sandwich and fries

And Kieran pepperoni pizza and fries. Both of which came in little cardboard boats.

I had a coconut cran something or other cocktail which was gorgeously sweet

And Kevin had a beer which turned out to be one of these 20oz things with a souvenir glass.

The waitress came along and did the Forrest Gump Trivia quiz with us. Kevin and I were rubbish, not having seen the film for about 15 years, but Hannah was able to answer some.

Not to buck tradition, Kieran ate his dinner then pretty much immediately started putting his head back and snoring in his seat. That would be home time then eh? No Margaritaville tonight!

Asked for the check and gave them the Landrys card saying I wasn't sure what Balance was on it. They came back with both the $25 off so Kevin was very impressed that not only had the card bagged us an immediate table, but we had $50 off the bill too. Brownie points a go go for me tonight.

Walked down and an RPR water taxi was sitting waiting so we jumped onto that and back to the hotel. Kieran managed to stay awake long enough to go the loo and get his PJs on and is now snoring his wee head off.

Tomorrow we will do Universal Studios. Early Entry is 7am and ideally we would make that for Diagon Alley but I also don't want to push the kids too much by making them get up for that if they are too tired. So we will just need to wait and see.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List