Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 4 St Petes Beach, Skidders, Bongos

I slept til 7am this morning 😃 yay! then I sat out on the balcony with kieran while Kevin and Hannah slept on. I had briefly woken a few times during the night and was thinking how uncomfortably scratchy the sheets were. Mumbling away in my head ^this is a disgrace, gonna complain, never had such rough sheets^ Then of course when I woke up, and all the Bongos Sunsets had left my system, realised that I had in fact gone to bed with sandy feet. Dafty!

It rained pretty hard while on the balcony but it was still so warm that the rain actually felt quite cleansing. It stopped about 9am. I was quite happy sitting here watching folk go by on the beach. So chilled.

From our balcony we could see an ihop just across the road. But in response to my pre-trip report a couple of months back OrlandoLes had recommended Skidders for breakfast so I wanted to try that.

It's just out of the hotel car park, turn left and along the road a wee bit.

Kevin had a lumberjack breakfast

Hannah had Chocolate chip pancakes

kieran had a Belgian waffle with banana

I had corned beef hash with poached eggs which I didn't realise came with fried potatoes. She also asked me which toast I wanted but I said none. Just as well - the portions are huge!

Very tasty. Paid the bill with a $10 tip. The kids and I walked back to the hotel to get ready for the beach. Kevin walked to opposite direction to see what was around.

Kieran and I went down to the beach, leaving Hannah to get ready, and got beds and umbrella again. An extra bed is $10 per day.

There was a wedding taking place at the hotel today.

The beach was much busier today with lots of families around. Still a really chilled vibe though and someone was playing country music but not too loudly so this suited me just fine 😊

Hannah appeared down just after 12. Then Kevin did too, having found publix and bought bagels n stuff and put them in the fridge in the room for lunch later.

The best thing about today is I was loving it, yet it went sooooo slooooowwww. It was great! Lying in the roasting hot sun with a nice breeze, sleeping, country music playing, sleeping, people watching, sleeping, and a dip in the lukewarm sea when I wanted cooled down. I could feel all the stresses of the last few months at work just melting away. Bliss. I have a feeling in future we may plan more beach days.

Kieran spent all day in the sea with the odd trip to the hotel swimming pool behind us for a change and Hannah had a go at bodyboarding with him.

Hannah went up at 4pm being warned that she better be done by the time I get up there. I went up at 5:30

All ready by 6:30 we went down to Bongos. We had considered Spinners upstairs but as nice as it looks the food options are way better in Bongos for the kids and we loved it so much last night anyway.

Got a cracking table right on the beach again. We ordered 3 starters to share. The same as last night plus coconut chicken.

I was back on the Bongo sunsets. For mains we had a beachside burger

kieran had a kids pizza but being worried it might be small he ordered a side of fries. Which turned out to be twice the size of his head.

chicken quesadillas

Hannah had the same as last night

As the sun went down Kevin took the kids down to the waters edge for some photos with his SLR which I will add here if he uploads them to me

Then the kids and I shared a key lime pie

and a triple chocolate cake

Another cracking night at Bongos. I've a feeling we might be back next year!

I'm away to rinse my sandy feet before I get into my clean sheets...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List