Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Jul 18, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 19, Villa Chillin & Teak Neighbourhood grill

Last night after uploading my trippie I had a few games of pool with Hannah, a cup of tea and went to bed just after 10. I didn't wake up til 9:30! Now that is a good nights sleep. If unnaturally long! I must've needed it.

Turns out that as well as suffering the heat yesterday, something had been eating me alive. I woke itching like mad and when I got up I am covered in bites. I have 15 on my legs, 4 on my arms and 6 on my back and they are huge solid belters 😳. And they are driving me nuts. I only had a couple of tiny bites before this and now I'm riddled with them after just one day in Busch. I am not a happy bunny.

Got a cup of tea and out beside the pool. Kevin had been out for ages already and was just telling me how quiet it had been when he glanced at the lake and said ^alligator!^ and sure enough, there he was in the middle of the lake swimming towards a single unsuspecting duck.

He would swim nearer then stop for a bit. Kevin got a couple of decent photos on his SLR before the duck waddled out of the water and the alligator turned and swam back down the lake again.

Very exciting! But you do have to be watching. Could so easily have missed it. When you are out looking at the lake every day you start to notice ripples where there usually are none. This started as a wee dot with a ripple in the distance

then a couple of ducks taking flight from that spot

but he is so silent we may not have noticed otherwise. And all the birds stayed quiet whereas I thought they might all have started making a riot.

Fab to see.

The ducks spent all morning out on the banks warily watching the water after that

We had moved the resort hopping to today after Hannahs wobbly day, but after my wobbler yesterday, and the fact Kevin was moaning we hadn't had a single full day at home, we scrapped that in favour of a total rest day. Normally I would have argued, but having slept as long as I had last night I knew I needed to rest. That is not normal for me!

I still hope to do the resort hopping tomorrow, which is our last full day. Hannah is desperate to do it too. So as long as the boys get today to chill and explore the wildlife, I'm sure they will be up for it too.

Spent the morning split between sitting by the pool reading my kindle, and packing 3 of our 4 suitcases with everything we wouldn't need for the last 2 days.

I think we are doing ok weight wise which makes me itch to go shopping again! It's difficult to know until that last case on the day you leave though.

The boys went up to the clubhouse and had a few games of mini golf (but took no photos for the dibb - have I taught them nothing?!)

We decided we would drive up to Teak for dinner as that remains everyone's favourite and would be nice to visit again before we go home.

I felt like dressing up a bit so got out my new blingy jeans. I do love them!

Got ready and left at 6:45, arriving at 7:20. Got seated at an outside table straight away but it was busy being a Friday night.

We had missed happy hour which is 4-7pm

Took some photos of the menu too

Kevin had a spicy Veronica

Kieran had a waffle burger

Hannah her usual donut burger but with chicken instead of beef

I had the spinach and blue crab dip

I worked my way through a few cocktails.

the kids had a brownie overload and lava cake for their dessert.

food was all just delicious as usual. The amount of times we've been here and we've had great food and a great experience every single time.

Definitely still our favourite restaurant

headed home and heading for that spa with a nice cold drink in hand to watch for fireflies while we still have the chance

Driving home and this years favourite song is on the radio

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List