Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 May 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Tit for tat-Birthday on board...May 19. Travel day and Embarkation

Travel day and embarkation

Georgia woke me at 7.30 we were planning on leaving at 9.30. Got up sorted the house out and managed to leave on time.
Asked both kids to make sure they tried for the toilet before we left (you can see where I’m going) then 45mins in and Scarlett needs toilet. So we stopped and that added 20mins to our time.
Scarlett kept saying she thinks we are going to the airport and going to Disney. Sorry kid to disappoint you but not just yet we’re not.

It was a long drive. The kids kept singing badly out of tune off key now I love both them to bits but they sound like a drown cat! They thought it was funny that I didn’t like it and made up songs with ‘we want to annoy mummy’ in them. I think if the knew the words to I know a song that would get on your nerves they could have sang it all way.

Took us till 2.30 to get down to Southampton. With two stops and then waiting for the cps man for our car.

Kids shouted there is a ship so we said we would go look at it. Loads of people were saying enjoy your holiday and they still didn’t click on bless them.

We checked in and through security no problem. First thing was to head to Verona. This is a buffet restaurant. Bought a coke and marstons. As we were passing by we booked for hubby’s birthday at the beach house it’s £7 each then extra depending on if you have the specials. They also said there is a special offer on tonight for sindu if we went before 6.30.

While hubby finished his drink I went down to book sindu then up to the children’s club. Georgia came with and she was straight in there play area. They both had a snack from the buffet then we went off to see our room. Took some pictures too.

Had to do the muster drill. This took an hour for some reason.

Quickly we dashed back and changed and straight up for kids tea at the buffet. They had chips hotdog and beans then a donut so they were happy.

As we planned on sindu we took them to the kids club. Both ran in no problems. We had a lovey dinner. Not been here in 7 years and don’t often get a meal out together so that was good. Did worry about the kids but didn’t need to they were fine when we picked them up. This is the meal we both had and these are the photos. Didn’t remember to take photos at first. Hubby actually remembered I was doing this and reminded me to photograph.

So we had complimentary popadoms with dips and little chicken with something green. No idea was very nice. No photo. Fail.
Hariyali Jhinga
Ginger and Mint Tiger Prawns, Pineapple Chutney

Karara Kekda
Crisp Soft Shell Crab, Celeriac and Apple Slaw, Passion Fruit Chutney

Kalyera Mappas
Lobster, Seafood Biriyani, Spiced Coconut and Mango Sauce
Tandoori Murg
Tandoori Half Chicken, Mixed Leaf Salad, Makhani Sauce

Passion fruit sorbet

Chocolate Textures
Chocolate Truffle Mousse, White Chocolate and Mint Sorbet, Mint Chocolate Soil

Cardamom Bread and Butter Pudding
Ginger Custard

Then cuppa and some afters.

Hubby also had a cocktail called fruit salad. Tasted like pineapples to me.

Was a very nice meal. Very posh. Definitely feel a bit out of place there. Glad she told us it was a hand wipe it looked a mint to me.

We had a wander around the ship. Think I’ve seen inside every toilet so far. 🙄

Back to the cabin. Put all the clothes away. Quick shower then bed.

Laid in bed writing this and all I can hear is all three snoring 😂

So we are due in Cherbourg at 8am tomorrow. Plan is to get up and ready and have had breakfast by 8am. No idea what we will do there though. Alarm set for 6am. Had to put the clocks an hour forward so it’s now 11.30. Gonna be shattered in the morning. I much prefer to have a sea day on the first day

So tired. It’s been a very long day.

Beer and soda =£6.50
Sindu = £26.60
Cocktail = £6.65

Edited at 11:09 AM. Reason: Adding
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Following with great interest as i’m on the Azura in 4 weeks.
Could you please tell me the Sindhu prices. Did you pay per course? So if I skipped dessert would it be cheaper (lactose intolerant and don’t really have a sweet tooth)
Thanks
Old 8 May 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good 1st day, which ship are you on?
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Following with great interest as i’m on the Azura in 4 weeks.
Could you please tell me the Sindhu prices. Did you pay per course? So if I skipped dessert would it be cheaper (lactose intolerant and don’t really have a sweet tooth)
Thanks
It’s a set menu. It’s £20 per person. Won’t make it any cheaper to skip unfortunately. They did however have a little table set up offering at 1/3 off on first day if you booked beween 6-6.30 for that night. They weren’t there long though I had to go back down to sindu to book and get the discount
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

All looks very nice. X
Old 18 May 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks fab, nice cosy cabin with bunks just like us girls just had! Your dinner looks good too, how sweet your girls had no idea bless them!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List