Notices

Old 29 Jun 18, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 10, Meeting Darrin, Shopping And Night In

Woke up around 7 but kept dozing off and in until 9 as I really wanted a lie in after such a tiring day yesterday. At 9am I got up and had breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and sorted the washings out.

Today we had no plans at all other than I was going to meet Darrin (growlytummy on the dibb) in Disney Springs while he is on his Welcome Home Geoffa trip. Darrin had whatsapped me and we arranged to meet at 11:30 at Starbucks opposite the Star Wars shop.

Hannah was having a chill day at the villa sunbathing. She actually managed to get a wee bit of colour yesterday at the river (which only happened as her phone was locked in the car 10 miles away) and it seems to have spurred her on to try to be in the sun more.

Kevin dropped me off and he and Kieran headed off to Walmart etc looking for computer games for kieran.

I made my way from the orange garage to Starbucks, got myself a cold drink and waited for Darrin

He arrived shortly after and once he got himself a drink too, we sat on a wall outside, Darrin in the shade and me in the sun as per our preferences!

Well, what an absolute gem of a man he is. We whiled away over an hour and I was fascinated to listen to his stories of his life with Geoff, how he has coped since his passing, and his future plans.

I think most of us could learn a few things from Darrins attitude to life, which he obviously shared with the admiral himself.

We also had a bit of a laugh as we discovered we had quite a few things in common other than the dibb!

It was an absolute honour to pass time with Darrin on his special trip and we parted with a big old bear hug. I can't wait to read his report when it's all done, especially how 4th July all pans out. Love and laughter Darrin xxx

Kevin picked me back up and we headed for Vineland outlets. They had already eaten lunch at Subway. ^look mum - we remembered to take a photo for the dibb!^

Kevin and kieran went off together and I set off on my own. I was actually delighted to discover what a pleasure it was on my own! I ended up buying quite a few things so here they are

A couple of pairs of Skechers trainers - they are so comfy

Next up was one of my favourite shops

Where, following a good old browse I bought a handbag and matching purse, and 3 more pairs of earrings. I could have bought at least another 2 bags in here as there were some great bargains. You never know. I might go back!

I went into Clarins next looking for a good face wash as I feel my skin is taking a bit of a battering with the outdoor stuff. Listen to me, I canoe down one river and I think I'm Bear Grylls. I ended up buying a cracking advent calendar thing reduced to $60 as it had all sorts of lotions n potions in it that I fancied.

She also chucked in a wee freebie Alien body lotion.

Next was Calvin Klein where I bought 2 tops (yes I know they are the same but I couldn't choose between the colours so that's allowed right?) and a white bra

Kevin had been to Polo (yes, again) and was delighted that the dibb code from yesterday worked again today giving him an extra 25% off everything. So I must thank toonarmani for keeping that thread up! Cheers 🍻

Lastly we went to North Face where I bought a fluffy lined fleece that's so cosy

All shopped out, we stopped at Target on rolling oaks and picked up some essentials and a couple of huge pizzas for dinner.

After this we went to our favourite place. The pool and spa! We sat here happily having a few drinks, watching the sun setting, the lightning off in the distance, and the fireflies appearing as it got darker. It's brilliant out here at night.

Before bed I went in and had a good old pamper to myself with all my new Clarins stuff. It was lovely.

Night all x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 29 Jun 18 1:58 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Another great day and Kate Spade is so on my shopping list this year after seeing your purchases

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A lovely day Helen , lovely to read about you meeting up with Darrin... I'd seen on his trip report he wanted to meet up with any dibbers out there xx
Shopping haul is great loving the Kate spade bag and purse...my kind of bag and my weakness I've bought two new bags this week myself , I'm also a big Skechers fan loving the trainers you chose xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishbelle
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I love Kate Spade too☺️. I love your matching bag set. I will be there in two weeks so fingers crossed their sale is still good! What another lovely day.
Scottishbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you could meet up with Darrin on his special trip.

Some good shopping today - love the bags.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day nice that you had arranged to meet Darrin

And a really great shopping haul

Joan
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Loving your trip report, Helen. We are planning for a more chilled holiday next year (well when I say more chilled, I mean less parks) so you are giving me inspiration.

I loved the sound of the Void - never heard of it before. It's definitely something my lot would love.

We are actually staying in the same villa as you next year. The Dibb villa in Highgrove we have stayed in the past 3 times could only give us 2 of our 3 weeks, so after reading your trippie from last year decided to book it for the first week. It appears to be almost identical in layout to Heron Villa, so we will feel right at home. We love the location of High Grove - so convenient for everything.
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great day, and how lovely to meet up with Darrin and spend some time with him chatting about Geoffa. Your shopping haul looks amazing - I'm coming round to Kate Spade and I'm sure I'll be back from holidays with a bag or 2 at some point. Your North Face fleece looks great too - I think that could be DH's favourite shop when we go next time. And what a lovely way to end your day in the spa.
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Another good day Helen. What a nice thing for you and Darrin to meet up and have a good ol natter about Geoffa - he's sorely missed
Love your haul of goodies. Might have to have a look at Kate Spade when I'm out - and definitely the skechers. Looking forward to the next update.

Edited at 10:32 AM.
pandanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List