Notices

Old 24 Jun 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies 5th Element 2019. Day 2 - Sassy Seahorse, Anna Maria Island

I had abandoned uploading the trip report at 10pm as I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer! I was asleep in seconds and imagine my surprise when I woke at 6:20am. That's over 8 hrs sleep on my second night! That's a record for me! Feeling SO much better for it I rattled up the rest of the trippie. Sorry it was late for those of you who read it over breakfast. Our bed is soooo comfy too.

I had assumed I would be awake from the crack of dawn and would have been able to go to the bay for sunrise. But knowing I have so many more mornings to do that is just fab!

Kieran had been up since 5ish and came in to our room to get his swim shorts from our closet at 6:30 so he could go out to the pool.

He is sleeping on the little futon in the living area so is using our closet.

The girls are sharing the twin room

He is on a mission to find a sand dollar this year. He did find a broken one last night so that's a start!

The sun was on the upper decks of the house right from 7am. Made Kieran and I a coffee from the supply left by the owner.

We had a lazy morning around the house enjoying the pool. It's funny as I thought I would be desperate to get to the beach but I think because I have a whole week stretching out in front of me I'm much more relaxed about it.

The kids played in the pool loads (notice Caitlin is protecting her lovely eyelash extensions from the water)

Kieran would do a bit of a jigsaw he had found in the tv cabinet when he needed some shade.

The kids and Kevin also got their snorkels out and started practising with them in the pool. So it should be easier when they reach the sea.

Was just lovely

So a bit about the house. It's on both Airbnb and Home and Away. Just look up sassy seahorse. There's a video of the house among the photos on Home and Away. I've put some photos on here but it's exactly as it looks on those sites

I booked it through airbnb as it was slightly cheaper on there than home and away at $2295 for the 7 nights including all the taxes and cleaning fees etc. It's not cheap but being here you can really see why, and to be fair there isn't really anything cheap on AMI as you partly paying for your location.

The open air part underneath behind the drive way is like an open garage. In it is a pool table, a foosball table that converts to air hockey and a table tennis table

In a lockup beside the pool is everything you need for the pool and beach

The stairs up the side take you to the main front door to which Larry provides the code. That door takes you straight into the living room which has doors to the deck with the dining table and BBQ.

The big dining table is in one corner with the kitchen leading off it

then down a corridor leads to a bathroom and the twin room on the left, and the master bedroom with en suite on the right. The master bedroom has a massive closet and the en-suite has the washing machine and tumble dryer in it.

The outside area is stunning. As well as the decks upstairs there are 2 loungers by the pool, a wee table and chairs and a gorgeous tiki bar area. This has a fan to keep it nice and cool.

The pool isn't covered over so the bugs may be an issue at night. I've already been bitten but it was at the Aldi/Walmart stage last night as I noticed them on the way to the house. Belters they are too

We all used skin so soft AND jungle formula last night and Kevin Hannah and I still got a few more bites each. And we've all been taking antihystamines for the last 4 weeks to help any bites be less severe. Ah well, even paradise has its irritations eh? Need to keep using the Benadryl anti itch cream!

The kids just pottered about helping themselves to lunch when they felt like it. Caitlin reheated the leftovers from rod n reel and they had bagels with cold meats and cheese, with bowls of fruit. Great doing it this way and not having to produce a lunch for everyone. And lots and lots of water.

At 2pm we decided to go to the beach for a while. We suncreamed up again all spf50.

We loaded up the beach cart and off we went.

It took about 5 mins to walk to the beach.

The beach was a lot busier than last year but still stunning.

The beach was a lot busier than last year but still stunning. That powder soft sand and gorgeous blue sea - ahhhh. You just feel so amazing breathing it all in.

we set up our wee camp and alternated between sunbathing and snorkelling

beach patrol!

Kieran found an almost whole sand dollar so he is a happy boy

Spent a couple of hours there then headed back to the house. Plenty of sun for one day.

I had a wee Seagrams which are described as flavoured beer but taste nothing like beer (I hate beer) just fruity and light, only 3.2%. $1 in Walmart

The kids decided they fancied a BBQ in the deck for dinner so kevin jumped in the car to publix 10mins down the road to get some chicken to add to the burgers we already had.

We had our BBQ then tidied everything away.

As I load this up the girls are away to bed (with their phones glued in their hands of course) and Kevin Kieran and I are watching guardians of the galaxy.

We might venture out to the spa later - if I don't fall asleep!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Great you are on Florida time so quick
Snorkles and me don't get on enjoy the down time and the beach
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 24 Jun 19 2:44 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Great you are on Florida time so quick
Snorkles and me don't get on enjoy the down time and the beach
Helen
Me neither! That’s why I leave it to Kevin and the kids. I tried it in discovery cove years ago and just couldn’t get the hang of it!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The moszies are wicked right now even me who never gets bitten ever honest even Scottish midgies avoid me have had one bite in 3 weeks and that's when I put out the trash justbasvthe sun dissapeared I had no bug stuff on though
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've kind of mastered it now with a full face snorkel Helen but that's in
Our pool but trying to master it and a pool noodle at the same time as DH really wants me to cross off the Swiming with manatees just us bucket list so far fine with the full face snorkel pool noodle even on its own nope nada no way I'd rather drown than have that in my face
Grands fail when Aaron not yet 3 last week used the full face snorkel and noodle ( with a puddle jumper ) off a friends beach front home
Me I was spewing buckets after a minute
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up so far! Sounds like a fab trip you’re on. AMI is so beautiful I can’t wait to go one day.

It’s making me laugh about the girls and their lashes, nails, tan - it doesn’t feel like that long ago that I’d have been the same

The house looks beautiful - what a brilliant week you’re in for xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

What a perfect day in AMI. Your villa looks stunning! We have only visited AMI for the day so will keep this villa in mind for future trips.
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a lovely day 🙂
The house looks perfect and that sand 😍
Have a great time
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks fab... villa is beautiful...enjoy every second.