Notices

Old 20 May 14, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Gluten Free Onsite Dining Plan Adventures May 2014 - Day 10

Animal Kingdom today - we arrived at 8.50am and the car park was already quite busy. We had a fastpass for the Kilimanjaro safaris. Unfortunately the truck had a fault and we couldn't hear the driver but here are some photos.

We had a great view of the lions...

Love the zebras..

Because our jeep was broken, the driver decided to go back to the start and moved us to a different truck so we got to do the ride again which was good.

Next to see the bats... It was extremely busy in the park today. We had used the bust day guide and it was supposed to be the quiet day. In general, I have never seen the parks this busy in May before but we had a good morning.

Cute meerkats

My mum and dad went to the flame tree BBQ restaurant but I fancied a burger (still the massive novelty of gluten free burgers with buns!) so I went to restaurantasaurus. It was absolutely packed had it was only 11.15am. A lady came out to take my allergy order and the food was good. I will admit to being quite nervous in the queue, the restaurant seemed very chaotic which can be a bit unsettling when sensitive to cross contamination.

After lunch I went to the Allergy kiosk which was great. They have a whole selection of gluten free snacks including babycakes muffins and donuts. I got a donut for later and also asked for advice on ice creams. After speaking to a very helpful lady I decided to go to the kiosk near the finding nemo musical for a minute maid frozen orangeade.

Early afternoon it was really crowded and very hot so we decided to go back to the pool for a few hours. Love being able to go back to the resort in the afternoon.

This evening we had a 6pm ADR for T-Rex. Once we checked in at the podium we had to wait in a queue but it was only about 10 minutes. Once seated the server said he would call the chef over to discuss my options.

The chef came out and suggested either the steak, woolly mammoth chicken or rotisserie chicken. He also mentioned gluten free cheesecake for dessert. I chose the rotisserie chicken and mash.

We waited and waited and waited for our meals... Service was incredibly slow but when the food arrived it was quite tasty.

I ordered the gluten free cheesecake for dessert (the other option was flourless chocolate cake). It tasted okay, a nice change...a bit different to some of my other desserts.

We had a lovely walk back to Saratoga, stopping to sit in the rocking chairs overlooking this view of downtown disney.

Congress Park pool at night...

The building next to the pool contains changing room plus also a laundry. Our one bedroom villa had a washer/dryer but I believe the studios do not so this is quite useful.

Lunch stop was at Columbia Harbour House Quick Service. I was shown an allergy friendly menu and the manager came to take my order. I had chicken tenders, fries and allergy free cookies.

For dessert we went to Adventure land and had s pineapple soft serve as a snack credit

After lunch we went back to the pool

Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brillian photo of the lion. This is one of my favourite things to do at the Animal Kingdom. I love it. I've never seen the bats before, must keep a look out for them next year.
Old 22 May 14, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Fab animal photos!

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Florida Gator - 3 May 15 3:06 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List