Notices

Old 13 Apr 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 3 - Shopping, Mindquest, Teak Neighbourhood Grill - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida

Today was a free day. We considered shopping in the morning with a waterpark in the afternoon but I was worried this would feel too rushed as we also have an escape room booked for 6:15pm and plan to go to Teaks for dinner afterwards. Given we have had 2 full on days and have another 3 full on days in front of us today needed to be slower paced or we will all be burnt out..

We settled on going shopping and then just back to the hotel to chill until it was time to go out at teatime. So once the 2 sleepers (Kevin and Hannah), finally woke up and us non sleepers (Kieran and I) could stop sneaking about in the dark, we got ready. We were out and parked up at the outlets for them opening at 10am.

I won't bore you with what order we did the shops in but will just show what we ended up with. Stopped at guest services to pick up our discount book and off we went.

We did have a bit of a crisis when my Halifax Clarity Card declined at the 5th shop. It's a joint credit card and thankfully Kevin's card still worked so we paid with that. Then we broke for lunch while we called the bank so sort it out. Kevin and I shared a 2 entrée platter from the Chinese in the food court and the kids both had Subways.

With my card unlocked and ready to burn again (Apparently it had been blocked as it had been used so many times in a 1 hour period) we set off for round 2. We finished shopping at 3:30, which was later than I had planned. I thought we would be back at the pool by 1pm!

Headed back to the Rosen and showered and got ready in between laying around. So here's what we bought. Sorry if the photos are a bit dark. I took them on the iPad to save me moving them over at the mercy of the wifi.

Levi Shop. 2 pairs skinny jeans for me and 501s for Kevin. $39.99 each but $10 off with the coupon book.

Bubble Vest Top from Guess. Bought a black and white one of these last year and loved it. $29.99

Kieran's Star Wars Adidas Superstars (centre) $49.99, Hannah's white with black Adidas Superstars $70, then $25 off with the coupon book. Hannah's black with white Nike's $29.99.

Bag of 75 Lindt chocolates $20 and bonus bag of dark chocolate mint Lindt balls $5. Could not resist these!

Flip flops (2 for $5) and undies for Hannah (buy 2 get 2 free) from Rue 21

Top and Skirt from Rue 21 for Hannah $28 total

2 Victoria's Secret Bras $19.99 and $16.99 and 5 sprays for Hannah $25. This experience was funny! I went in to ask what size I should be US and was directed to 2 girls in the changing room who asked what size I was in the uk. I told them and they raised their eyebrows at each other (not in a nasty way) and said "Well normally you go down one cup size, but Mam there ain't no way you can go to a 36B." They came over, cupped one boob each and said in unison "36C". Then one said "Mam you be a 36D back home". Well - that was quite different to an M&S measuring experience I will give them that.! They were bang on though. The suggested size fit perfectly!

Hannah's dress from Charlotte Russe $29.99

WORK IN PROGRESS Be back soon to finish as we have to go out now!

My navy Calvin Klein dress from dress barn $64.50 with 20% off from the coupon booklet taking it to $54.95 including tax. I bought this same dress last year from the CK outlet in black, cream and taupe it has become an absolute favourite, so when I saw Hazel had bought one in dress barn in her TR I could not wait to get there! Bought this one in navy and black but also spotted one in salmon pink that I loved but they didn't have my size. You never know, there's still Vineland to visit!

We were due to be at Mindquest for 6:15 for our escape experience that I had bought on groupon. We left the hotel at 5:30 and were there too early at 5:50 so popped into the Publix next door for a few bits.

We LOVED this! We have done a couple of these back in Glasgow and enjoyed them but this was much more sophisticated. It was very slick and very real, with good musical special effects and very clever twists. We bickered like mad trying to solve the clues then celebrated like crazy when we got the diamond out! Such good fun and would recommend to anyone if it comes up on groupon again. The hosts were lovely people too.

It had been overcast all day today and when we left Publix I commented to Hannah that it smelt like rain was coming. Sure enough, when we left Mindquest at 7:15 it had started although not too heavy.

We drove up to Teak Neighbourhood Grill for dinner. A guy in work had recommended this to Kevin and it was only after that I searched for it on the Dibb and found it had good reviews.

Oh. My. God. Best meal so far, hands down. The burgers were HUGE and incredible value for money. The servers were so friendly and we discovered when we arrived that Wednesday I ladies night, and a whole host of cocktails and drinks were $3 each, Whats not to love?! There was also a guy playing guitar and singing who was really very good singing everything from Oasis to Amy Winehouse, to Lenny Kravitz, Brilliant atmosphere.

Kevin had the Spicy Veronica (we think that was its name)

Kieran had the Sugared donut burger (yes that is actually a burger in between a sugared donut) and managed about two thirds of it.

Hannah had the Smoking Gun which was a chicken burger in Brioche with all kinds of applewood bacon, Montgomery cheese – she hoovered it and declared she is getting the same next time

I just can not eat huge portions like that so ordered a $8 appetiser of pulled pork quesadillas, only to find when it arrived it was bigger than a main back home. Kieran ate half of this in the end and has decided that's what he is ordering next time. It was absolutely yummy

Both kids had the same dessert. I can't remember what it was called and they are both snoring their heads off so I can't ask them, but it was some kind of deep fried cinnamon donut with ice cream and caramel and they both loved it.

Every single dish was delicious and we still can't believe what good value for money it was.

I made the best of ladies night and worked my way through a Pink stiletto, followed by a peach sangria, followed by a mango Bellini, followed by a peach sangria (again). Hic!

In fact it will be a blooming miracle if any of this report makes sense and has the photos in the right place quite frankly.

Paid the bill and headed home. Kieran was asleep before we left the car park with his sister not far behind him. We had to wake them at the hotel and get them upstairs before letting them fall into bed. It is still raining as I write, although not too heavy. I am hoping it rains itself out before morning

We all agreed it had been a brilliant night tonight. Loved the escape room, followed by a fab dinner.

Tomorrow we move out of the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando and into the Royal Pacific Resort, club level for 2 nights, and hit Universal and IOA.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Loving your report so far!

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Proper laughing at the bra fitting 😀, wonder if that's the norm over there 😳 ... It wouldn't catch on in M & S but would be quicker lol. Will catch up tomorrow on rest of your day... Excellent shopping haul so far
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 14 Apr 16 3:59 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Reading your daily reports is becoming my morning ritual. Love the sound of the escape room, would it be suitable for a 9 yr old?

Edited at 06:42 AM.
jorm35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Another great day! I love the look of teaks neighbourhood grill. We've wanted to try here but never got round to it yet.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

First thing I do in the morning is grab my iPad to read your updates, they are great..Love reading about your shopping day, you and Hannah always find lovely things to buy. Hope the move goes smoothly and you are soon enjoying your stay at RPR. Thanks for finding the time to write it all up.
Old 14 Apr 16, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

fab report so far, getting me excited now! looking forward to hearing about RPR as we have a night booked there halfway through the trip. Hope the weather perks up for you xx
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Fab day!

I've read about the escape rooms before and keep suggesting we do one over here but I don't get much response. However, I think it'd be a cool thing to do on holiday, so I'll give it a look.

Love the bra fitting!

Soooo excited for you checking into RPR. We're not staying there this year so it'll be nice to have a little fix, especially of the club room. You'll love it! x

Edited at 07:04 AM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Loving your report so far. Your meal at Teak looks awesome, definitely trying there this year. Love all your shopping bargains

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List