Notices

Old 17 Apr 16, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 6. Move To Joanne's Orland Dream Villa, Lindfields - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Flori

I was awake at 3am and despite desperately trying to get back to sleep it just wasn't happening. I spent an hour on the iPad finishing yesterday's TR and dibbing before crawling back into bed. I managed to doze on and off until 7am then lay wake until 7:45 when Kevin started to stir. That was my cue. Blinds open, music on, let's go. All up and showered etc we packed up the last of our stuff went to the Club Lounge at 8:30 for our last breakfast. I would definitely book club again if staying 2 nights or more. We got our money's worth and really liked it.

Took all our bags down to the car and set off along the walkway to the parks. We had decided that since we couldn't access the villa until 4pm we may as well do a last once round of the parks and do whatever rides we wanted to again. Thank the Lord for the FOLP today. With it being Saturday the park was mobbed and today was probably the biggest difference in ride times we saw using the FOLP. It took some rides from 50m to 5m and a lot of them were walk on for us passing massive queues. The boys rode Dr Doom, then we all rode Spiderman (twice), then Jurassic Park. When we entered Hogwarts, FJ was down and they were saying people could enter the queue if they wanted but they could not say how long it would be. Kids rode Hippogriff then with FJ still being down we headed for HE over to US. It was so busy today there were 8 of us in the carriage. Big difference to yesterday when we got a carriage to ourselves. Off in US and onto The Mummy (twice). The transformers (twice) then the boys went on RRR. Hannah is really tired today, getting paler by the minute and a bit grumpy. The busy days are catching up and she needs a few chill days so the move to the villa today is perfect. It was very overcast again today with it trying to rain but not coming to anything. Spitting for 5 mins then stopping again.

We did the raptor encounter. Quite funny how you know it's not real yet can't help jumping when she leans over and breathes in your ear!

By the way. Today instead of paying the $7.45 to activate the refillable cup, we brought it and just kept filling it with the free iced water from the stations, then adding a squirt of the Aldi version of robinsons squashed that we brought with us. Free and easy!

We then had to walk back to Diagon Alley as we had promised Kieran he could buy what he wanted today as the last few days we kept saying no in shops as we would have to lug everything around. So we walked back up and he bought a glass skull from Borgin and Burkes and a gold Snitch badge from the cart. Happy Boy. Walked to the entrance, stopped to choose our 2 photo prints for our Photo Connect and on to the RPR water taxi back to the hotel. Out to the car and on our way to the villa.

It was almost 3pm so we decided to see if we could get in. Coast was clear and the details sent by Joanne to get the key worked perfectly. This is Joanne's Orlando Dream Villa I found on the dibb, and as I know umpteen dibbers have contacted me to say they are due to stay in the same villa, I have promised lots of photos and detail. So look away now if you are not interested! The villa is situated in Lindfields. Our first time here but all looks fine. A mix of residential and rentals but the gardens and cars all look well tended which I always think is an indicator of how well folk respect their property. So far we haven't see a soul.

Villa is FAB! Spotlessly clean (trust me I have checked extensively!) exactly as the photos looked on the website and VERY well stocked. I have had a good old nosey around and so far have not been able to find anything I would like to have that's missing. Loads of kitchen equipment, loads of toddler equipment for anyone with wee ones, and according to Kieran a well cool games room. The pool feels nicely private and there were pool noodles and the odd inflatable waiting. Kieran wasted no time in getting in there!

LOADS of towels to use

Plenty of cupboard space and hangers

Might need a ladder to get into this bed. It's like something out of the princess and the pea!

Master en-suite. Could have a dance in here

Kevin and Hannah set off back out to the Target at Rolling Oaks up the road while I unpacked everything and got the washings started from our hotel stays.

Kevin and Hannah returned having picked up roast chicken and salad for dinner plus all the essentials (toiletries, bread, wine, beer!) so we put on our swimmies, opened a drink each and set up a make-shift dinner beside the pool. Still overcast but warm and pleasant nonetheless.

So here I am, wine in one hand, iPad in the other, catching up on today's TR while the kids muck about in the pool. I am completely satisfied with the villa so far and am pretty sure that won't change. When it gets cooler later on we will test out the games room. It's not a bad life.

If anyone has any questions about the villa not answered here feel free to ask / PM and I will do my best to answer.

For the next day or two I am hoping to just relax and enjoy the down time in the villa, but to be fair it will depend on whether the weather picks up, as we might be better bringing Kennedy or something forward and using up a duller day for that. But for now, I want an easy night, a glass of wine, and dare I say it, a FULL nights sleep!

Having a go on the wii wall 😃

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
granmags
Imagineer

granmags's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good move day and getting a last go in Universal with your FOLP's! Raptor encounter pics are great , we loved this last year , so funny watching some people's reactions.
The villa looks gorgeous , hope you are able to get a good night's sleep in that giant bed

I MAY NOT BE RICH OR FAMOUS BUT I DO HAVE PRICELESS GRANDCHILDREN
granmags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 17 Apr 16 12:59 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hey Helen,
Great report the villa looks great... loads of room and very nicely decorated.
Enjoy the downtime next day or so and hope you get a better sleep... I saw from your message earlier how early you were up ... that's something for me to look forward to in the morning lol... last trip I was awake about 3am on first morning
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hello you're here

Hope your travel day went well? At least you know you will have someone to chat to at 4am Sam

Did you get settled in OK and out for dinner? Don't worry about the weather. Today is the dullest it has been and I am sure it won't last

We are having a cracking wee night tonight playing in the games room. Forgot how competitive I can be at pool

Helen x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Morning!

Glad to see you all settled in the villa. We stayed there in 2014 and really loved the sunny pool and that huge bed. Hope you had a great night's sleep X
Old 17 Apr 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely villa! I did smile hearing Kevin gong off to Rolling Oaks - when we were in villas I think that's where we spent most of our time, either out for a meal or in Super Target! I'm sure we'll be back there a lot again this year , not least because Simon is hoping to stock up on Calvin's in TJ Maxx!

Hope you enjoy a few relaxing days and manage to get some extended sleep! xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks like a lovely villa! Enjoy the change of pace for a few days.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
panspeep
Excited about Disney

Morning, I am so enjoying reading your reports each morning, it's getting me excited for our trip in July. The villa looks great, it's always nice just to have a few days of relaxation where everyone can chill and re-charge their batteries. Hope you managed a full nights sleep, thanks for taking the time to post x
Old 17 Apr 16, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

What a lovely villa! Love the largeb seating area by the pool. Enjoy your down time

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List