Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 26 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky9968
First POST

Mobile First visit in may

Hi we are a family of 3 traveling to Orlando at the end of may for 14days . We have put deposits down in both Disney and universal but I now feel this could be too much. We are staying at the avanti palms resort on international drive. We have not booked a car as there is shuttle buses from the hotel and the I trolley stop is near by. I think I’ve covered the basics and any help or advice I could get between now and may would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kirky9968 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Hi and welcome

Keep posting questions, there's usually someone that will know the answer no matter how obscure. We visited both on our first Orlando holiday, I didn't think it was too much.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have been many times. I believe that over 14 days, to try all 3 franchises is a bit too much.

2 out of the 3 (Universal and Disney in your case ) works out fine.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

How old is the child ? Our first visit we did Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, 2 water parks, international drive and fitted in some shopping in 10 days we stayed on international drive and used the I trolly and free shuttles. We did 14 days a few years ago and even managed to fit in discovery cove too. It takes some planning but we got a lot more done than expected.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

On our first visit, just me and the husband, we did as many parks as we could ... but this time around we are taking our little boy for his first visit (he will be 7) and we are just doing Disney and Universal so we don't have to rush so much xx
Old 4 Mar 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Welcome to The Dibb
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Hi, welcome to your new obsession - The Dibb & Florida planning!

I think it really depends on what you want to do. Next year will be my 4th time going & every time I have bought both Disney & Universal tickets, but there's so much to do I never get round to everything. We had a wee 1 in tow with us when we went last year (he was 3, and will be 5 when we go next year) so it was a bit slower than when it was just the 2 of us but we still done a bit of everything. We also spent some time shopping too.

I would say, think about the parks you really want to go to and make sure you get them in first, along with anything else like shopping you want to do. If you get through it all and still have some time you can then try out something you haven't done yet or go back to 1 you really enjoyed. Just do what works for you, everyone is different in how they do their Florida holiday... but no matter what I promise you will have the best time! xx
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello and welcome to the Dibb.
Enjoy your planning and don't forget your ESTA.
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List