Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan10
Trainee Dibber

Advice wanted... please!

I have an Alaskan cruise booked for this year and the balance is due next week. Our cruise is early July and we booked through a US agent because we are travelling with US friends. We are planning to pay on our FairFX card to avoid transaction fees. What would you do? If we cancel we would lose our deposit, our flights were booked separately.

Really unsure about what to do so any advice would be appreciated.

Anne
floridafan10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Contact them, we have had an Alaska small boat cruise booked with a company called Uncruise. I have been I lots of contact with them, initially they said wait and see, then they differed the balance payment and eventually they allowed us to transfer the deposit to another time.

They will not be selling your cruise to anyone else so they should allow you to defer balance payment.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan10
Trainee Dibber

Thank you, we are sailing with Royal Caribbean who, after my travel agent went back to them, have deferred our balance date from 24 March to 1 April! Still doesn’t really clarify much for me. 😔
floridafan10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If the cruise is in July you can cancel now and get future cruise credit. Although I’d argue it may be difficult to use the credit before the end of the year. But I realise they are protecting their business.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’ve just had my cruise cancelled and have been offered the choice of full refund or 125% cruise credit which I am taking - you have until the end of next year to rebook.
Personally if you would be willing to travel if the cruise is running I would pay the balance as they will refund if they have to cancel.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

There’s a lot of twitchiness out there about future cruise credits and whether all cruise lines can survive this - a credit is worthless if a cruise line goes bust. Carnival Corporation (Princess, P&O, HAL, Cunard, Carnival, etc) shares were £35 in January, they are £6.50 today.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Beware that you may be liable for a lot more than your deposit if you choose to cancel later.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan10
Trainee Dibber

What other costs would they be? We know we will lose the deposit, hubby still wants to pay the balance but I am a lot more hesitant. The trip was for our friends 50th birthday so we don’t want to miss that BUT trying to read a crystal ball! 😄