Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Oct 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I've heard back from my email regarding Centertown closing for lunch:

Thank you for your kind note. We are also very excited about the opening of Old Port Royale and cannot wait for your family to enjoy it with us next year.

Currently, Centertown Market offers lunch via the Grab n Go area from the hours or 11:30-5PM. There are hot and cold items available at this time.

Also available for lunch are the Spyglass Grill in Trinidad South, Sebastian’s Bistro and Banana Cabana. We appreciate your feedback regarding operating hours and are always looking to improve on the service we provide our guests.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if we can assist with anything prior to your stay. We look forward to your visit!

Sincerely,
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Duty Manager
Team
I got a very similar copy and paste response to you loves2plan. I've emailed back to say that's a real shame as I won't be returning to CBR for lunch and a break now. Can't see them changing in the near future as I'm sure it will take time to arrange and staff it unfortunately.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TiggerBounces View Post
Quickly took a few snaps of the tea and coffee in Centertown too.

Yay, I'm so glad there's iced tea - I live off it when I'm out there 😀
Nice to see hot choc too.
Thanks again. Hope you have a good journey back home. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ABZLocal View Post
I got a very similar copy and paste response to you loves2plan. I've emailed back to say that's a real shame as I won't be returning to CBR for lunch and a break now. Can't see them changing in the near future as I'm sure it will take time to arrange and staff it unfortunately.
Oh no. I really hope they do change their mind about lunch. As a veggie, there's only 1 thing that I can see on the menu that's veggie at lunch time 😕
I just think it's such a stupid decision to do this.
Whenever I've been to other WDW hotels at lunchtime, there's been lots of demand for lunch.
I really hope they get lots of feed back about this. 😢
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Oh no. I really hope they do change their mind about lunch. As a veggie, there's only 1 thing that I can see on the menu that's veggie at lunch time 😕
Whenever I've been to other WDW hotels at lunchtime, there's been lots of demand for lunch.
I hope they do get a lot of negative feedback and review the decision. When we were there pre refurb it was always quite busy at lunch. As you say, other resorts are open. Is this the only one with no lunch full QS option? I will certainly feed back when we are there.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks tiggers bounce great pics and updates.
Is there a milk option for a drink refill ...I know that I can buy some a the shop but mine don't like fizzy drinks so was just wondering?
Thanks
Unfortunately they don't do milk for refillable cups, there used to be little cartons of milk you could get with kids meals & cereals though, I'm sure they will have those in the grab & go fridges.
We're not big on fizzy drinks either. DD's choices have been water or bottled OJ & hot choc at night. 😊
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
From the photos that TiggerBounces posted, it looks like there are more food colxo options - 2 salads that I can see, but it's hard to make out some of it. I still think it's a bad decision and hope that it changes 🤞

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I hope they do get a lot of negative feedback and review the decision. When we were there pre refurb it was always quite busy at lunch. As you say, other resorts are open. Is this the only one with no lunch full QS option? I will certainly feed back when we are there.
Yes, it's the only one. Apparently the tent was very quiet at lunch, so I think this might have fed in to this decision. However, there was a buffet breakfast offering in the tent that is no longer on offer, and I'm guessing lunch was quieter due to people filling up at the buffet. I certainly wouldn't want a full lunch after a buffet breakfast and would be happy with a snack. However, now they're back to normal breakfast offerings, people are going to be much hungrier at lunch time and want something more satisfying.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

You're right it was always busy at lunch time at CBR. That's one of the things I hated last year - not having anywhere to have lunch when we were having a pool afternoon(apart from the food truck takeaway)
I will be composing my e-mail later today or tomorrow & see if I get the copy & paste response.
They are happy to have a table service restaurant serving lunch but not a decent QS lunch.
Hope it doesn't spoil your plans too much ABZ.
Old 9 Oct 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

ABZ hope you have a fabulous time, it's merely hours away for you now 😆😆😆
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Thanks everyone for all the photos and information, its been lovely to finally get a glimpse inside the new Old Port Royale.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List