Old 21 Dec 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Tesco has been!

Not so much Santa... but Tesco have been - fridge is full, freezer full -

ALL dates were post-Christmas,

EVERYTHING on the list arrived,

They rang to ask if we'd be available to accept the delivery an hour earlier - YES - free pack of mince pies for doing so!

time to hunker down now and open the free mince pies - no calories if they were free are there?...

(got to work on Christmas Eve, but it is nice to know everything is tickety-boo, in place for the next week or so!)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Go for it. Nothing has calories in it at Christmas 😁
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Some Banana View Post
Does that mean my new velvet pants will still fit me on New Years Eve😂
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Some Banana View Post
haha - I WISH !

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Does that mean my new velvet pants will still fit me on New Years Eve😂
again... I wish...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Hoping my Sainsbury's delivery tomorrow goes just as well- not looking forward to having to traipse round the shop after all picking up the things they miss off!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Not so much Santa... but Tesco have been - fridge is full, freezer full -

ALL dates were post-Christmas,

EVERYTHING on the list arrived,

They rang to ask if we'd be available to accept the delivery an hour earlier - YES - free pack of mince pies for doing so!

time to hunker down now and open the free mince pies - no calories if they were free are there?...

(got to work on Christmas Eve, but it is nice to know everything is tickety-boo, in place for the next week or so!)
Mine is coming tomorrow, hope it's as successful as yours
Old 21 Dec 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve got an Asda delivery coming on Monday evening. I’m expecting all sorts of strange substitutions, it’s only buffet food though so it won’t ruin Christmas

My mum booked a home delivery one year and none of the vegetables for Christmas dinner were delivered. She’s not had a Christmas home delivery since.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We always have our delivery at least 4 days before Christmas in case of mix ups.

But have to say having no problems at all with it is quite liberating. No last minute shopping. Food in til day after boxing day.

This "relaxing" thing is really quite pleasant!

considering an ill MIL, ill mother, ill stepmother, DD17 with a gammy kneecap, DD19 with an infected ingrown toenail, dog with skin problems, teeeeeeny house with 12 for Christmas (and only one toilet!) - perhaps the universe has seen what is on my plate and thought... "let's cut her a break on this bit" - simple pleasures...
Old 22 Dec 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We shop online every week with ASDA but I forgot to book delivery in time for my Xmas shop , our shop does click and collect though so it’s booked to be picked up tomorrow evening, if any subs gives me time to sort them
Edited to add, just checked my order update and it says I might get my carrots substituted... carrots , shops are overrun with them usually this time if year

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well ours is coming from Ocado tonight and I’ve just had my invoice. Only a gateau and a sauce for the ice cream is out of stock. The Dauphinois potatoes have been substituted with potato gratin which I can live with. Looking forward to a full fridge this evening 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List