Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Mar 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
New Temporary Cancellation Policy and Screenings at Embarkation for DCL

It's been reported on the Disney Cruise Line Blog that DCL has introduced a temporary cancellation policy

"guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date... The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply."

I'm still not sure what's going to happen with the Magic over the summer. The new release also says

"As a reminder, any guest or crew member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of departure will not be able to board our ships"

Yet the Magic is due to cruise from Rome on a few sailings and has stops in various Italian ports on others.

The new screening at embarkation is

"Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail."

I'm wondering if they will even come to Europe at all or completely drop the med part of their schedule?

Edited at 07:39 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I think cruising is finished until this is over. They should just dock the ships now. People cancelling in droves. Who wants to be left stuck on a ship, unable to leave the room, with Corona spreading around? Too risky now.
Old 6 Mar 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Princess, Carnival and Celebrity (and possibly others) have all offered temporary schemes of deferment- some better than others. Those sticking with their cruise have been offered obc. Also reports of some fantastic complementary upgrades, so worth asking.
No word from P&O as yet.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fee
Excited about Disney

We are due to sail on the Iona at the end of June, balance due soon , seriously considering cancelling😪
fee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think cruising is finished until this is over. They should just dock the ships now. People cancelling in droves. Who wants to be left stuck on a ship, unable to leave the room, with Corona spreading around? Too risky now.
I agree completely. We are booked on the ebta in May and I just don’t know how cruising will have a hope of functioning by that point. They are going to have staff sickness, port closures, cancellations left and right. They’re offering Re-booking policies but I’d rather just have my money back and make a decision further down the line if I want to cruise after this settles.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a cruise booked on Dream starting 15th May and I’ll be honest was tempted to cancel and take the credit to move to 2021, but I’m going to wait to see how things unfold - I agree with other posters here, if things continue the way they have been and the panic continues, I think they may cancel it so surely that would mean a refund?
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

We were booked to do the DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean in August but I’m afraid we’ve today cancelled and rescheduled to 2021. Too much uncertainty about how this will pan out and the payment in full (PIF) date is too close. Gutted as we’ve wanted to do this one for a while but for this year it feels like the right decision for us. Thanks to the absolutely wonderful Deb at TOAD whose sorted it all out for us 👍.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
I have a cruise booked on Dream starting 15th May and I’ll be honest was tempted to cancel and take the credit to move to 2021, but I’m going to wait to see how things unfold - I agree with other posters here, if things continue the way they have been and the panic continues, I think they may cancel it so surely that would mean a refund?
Same here. Ours is May 11th and we are almost to the point where we go up from losing deposit only to 50% of the full cost if we cancel. If it were down to me alone I think I’d take losing my deposit and walk away but DH isn’t as sure.

I’m not keen on moving the cruise because we already have an October parks trip booked and ds has important school time coming up. The only real window would be July 2021 and that feels a bit forced upon us. I feel panicked about risking it but DH says there’s a high probability that they’ll have to cancel at some point.

I know it’s a first world problem but I just don’t know what to do!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
We were booked to do the DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean in August but I’m afraid we’ve today cancelled and rescheduled to 2021. Too much uncertainty about how this will pan out and the payment in full (PIF) date is too close. Gutted as we’ve wanted to do this one for a while but for this year it feels like the right decision for us. Thanks to the absolutely wonderful Deb at TOAD whose sorted it all out for us 👍.
If we were at the same point as you I’d do the exact same thing. I wish we’d thought more about this back in January, when I was mostly worried about my in laws potentially cruising in Asia!
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We are on Magic on 16 April out of Miami.
I really hope everything goes to plan and we get our holiday. We cancelled this exact holiday last year when my Dad died 4 days before we were due to fly to Florida and I don’t even want to think about disappointing my daughter for the second year running.
We are at the point where we could only move it not get refund but the other options are not really viable. We have no plans to return to Florida in next 12 months and the Med next May is outside the 12 months. So I’m keeping everything crossed and hoping we get our holiday before it peaks in UK or US. Or if they cancel they will have to give us a refund. 4 weeks today til we fly.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List