Old 23 Feb 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

WDW 2019 - day 11

Previous day is here

DAY 11 – Saturday 07 December

Plan : Shopping
Actual : We took our time getting ready this morning, and finally set out for Walmart late morning. The weather was hot and sunny, not the ideal weather for shopping, but this was our designated day! We arrived at our favourite Walmart at around 11:30. We got cinnamon toothpaste (for my sister), packs of solid Dove and Secret deodorant sticks, some antibiotic cream, boxes of Cheezits, bags of different flavoured M&Ms, sachets of sugar-free flavoured water powders, and a myriad of other things we can’t get in the UK. We had a look for a Disney watch for DH, but couldn’t find any. However, their range of ordinary watches was really impressive, and we picked out a couple of lovely watches that DH liked. They were only $13 each! We also got him a couple of pairs of inexpensive trainers. Really pleased with our haul, we head for the checkout, and joined a queue with only one other person in front of us. As I was loading up the conveyor belt, I was idly scanning what the family in front of us were buying, and my eyes narrowed – looking at their purchases, I suspected they were Brits as they had very similar items to ours, things like huge tubs of paracetamol, packs of white sports socks, the M&Ms in flavours we can’t get over here, etc. I managed to catch the eye of the guy and casually said hello to him, whereby he responded and he was indeed from the UK! We had a brief chat, laughing together about the things we all tend to buy.

We loaded up the car, having spent just short of $300, (although this did include a few Christmas presents such as Frozen pyjamas for our granddaughter), and drove out of Walmart, turned left, and drove to the Super Target just down the road. We pulled into an almost empty car park, and I commented to DH that it looked really quiet for a Saturday. We parked up, and DH opted to stay in the car, so I walked towards the entrance, but it looked to be closed. Suddenly, a very nice young lady who was walking past told me Target had moved to just down the road about 8 months ago! I thanked her, and sheepishly made my way back to DH. Oops!

No harm done, we drove down the road a bit further and found a bustling Super Target! I was on the lookout for some Harry Potter themed housewares here that I had seen adverts for, I was hoping to pick up some items for my daughter in law as Christmas gifts. However, I was really disappointed to find no HP themed anything, really. The store was a bit of a let-down overall, there just didn’t seem to be much I was interested in getting. I did find a very small, Frozen-themed hard plastic box full of themed sweets for our granddaughter, and a pink grapefruit lip salve for me, but that was the sum total of my purchases there.

Back in the car, we felt quite hungry so decided to go to Taco Bell for lunch, as we hadn’t had any breakfast that day. I LOVE Taco Bell! We parked up and went it, it was fairly quiet in there so I sent DH off to sit down and I got our order. I had 3 crispy tacos and a soft drink, (Minute Maid pink lemonade), and for DH I got 3 soft tacos, a bean burrito, and a pot of fiesta cheesy potatoes, plus coffee. Yum.

Our next destination was Disney Springs, but to get there we had to drive past our resort, so we decided to take a quick break in the room and also unload our purchases so far. DH had a quick power nap for half an hour, and when he woke up I tried giving him ibuprofen, which seemed to relieve the pains in his leg better than paracetamol was doing. We had a quick coffee and were off out again.

We drove to Disney Springs, and parked in Grapefruit garage, finding a disabled spot quite easily on the same floor we drove in on. Disney Springs was going to be very busy from the looks of it, Orange and Lime parking garages were already full according to the signage. From there, we went up a couple of escalators and then walked over a footbridge and into the Marketplace, which was indeed absolutely packed with shoppers. Our first destination was World of Disney, where I managed to get most of the items on my list. We spotted the new Belle Bronze clothing range for sale, which was not due to be released for another 24 hours! I got my sister a Spirit Jersey in this new range, it is really pretty. DH said he liked it a lot, and asked if he could have one too, so I picked one up for him – I don’t think he realised how sparkly it was thought until he looked at it later, but he still wears it, so it must be okay! I found a kiosk where we could collect the $200 gift card we had received as part of our booking, and promptly spent the whole thing! I picked up some beautiful Arandelle Aqua Crocs for myself, they are really sparkly, and a pale aqua colour, and also got a small bag in the same style as a Christmas gift for my daughter. We got some Christmas cards, a Christmas tree decoration in the shape of Mickey ears painted to look like peppermint candies, some Minnie Mouse biscuits for a work colleague and for my boss’s kids, and a handful of Rice Krispie treats in Christmassy designs. Phew!

All paid for, we took everything outside and I sat DH on a bench nearby with the bags, while I made my way round to Goofy’s Candy Company. I got some Lion King themed popcorn to go with the popcorn bucket for my daughter in law, and also got a couple of bags of candy cane popcorn for myself, plus Star Wars themed Rice Krispie treats, and some Chip & Dale caramel nuts for my dad. The Cast Member that served me allowed me to use Quick Service Dining Plan credits for sets of 3 snacks, which was great as we had loads of these at this point!

I left there and went to the Pin Trading store, to see if I could get a Slinky Dog Dash pin for DH. He likes to collect pins from rides or attractions that he has ridden/seen, but we had struggled to find one for Slinky Dog, so I was really pleased to find one in here for him.

Then I made my way back to DH – the Springs were so crowded, I had to battle my way through to him, it was madly busy. I dropped my bags with him and headed into Basin for some soap. I really love the different scents of soap in here, and it is really good soap, too, lasting for a long time. I got a bar of Christmas soap for us, it was clear soap with a penguin and snowflakes in it, and smells gorgeous – crisp and fresh. I also got us one with ground coffee in, which works as an exfoliator and also smells amazing. I bought my daughter a bar of Mickey snowflake soap.

Back to DH, and because the Springs were so busy and crowded, we decided to call it a day. We would have liked to have a look around some of the other stores, get a drink from Ghirardelli, and enjoy a mooch around, but there were just too many people around for us to do this easily, so we picked up all our bags and headed back to the parking garage. The lift and escalator had both stopped working, so we had to carry all those heavy shopping bags back up 3 flights of stairs! We finally got back to the car feeling exhausted.

We drove back to the resort, and stopped at Old Port Royale to get some coffee and hot chocolate in our refillable mugs. I also bought some stamps for the Christmas cards I had taken with me to post to family and friends in the USA; the Cast Member offered to hand the cards over to the postal delivery service for me, which was nice of her. While in the resort store, I picked up a tiny bottle of hand sanitiser in a Minnie Mouse case and attached to a key ring for another work colleague, and DH found a Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge t-shirt that we hadn’t seen anywhere else, so I got him that.

We then went back to our room and unpacked all the shopping. DH collapsed onto the bed to watch TV, while I sewed up the waistband of my favourite white skirt, as it was too big and every time I wear it, it feels too loose. Luckily, we keep a small sewing kit in the Owner’s Locker box. We shared some leftover Christmas Party cookies for dinner, watched some TV, and finally went to sleep.

Next day is here

Edited at 03:45 PM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List