Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 May 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
spurs444
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile Disney food price increase ?

Do we think that now dining plans have been cancelled and people need to book to enter a park Disney will ramp up the cost of food and beverages in the parks ?
It’s the perfect opportunity to do this and re price dining plans when re released in the future.
They have lost vast amounts of income and will be looking to squeeze every last penny from limited numbers of guests who will be reluctant to leave parks during the day with the new reservation system.
spurs444 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I understand they have already increased some prices and removed options on in park food menus while they have been closed as where updated on the official website.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I actually think the opposite, if anything they are now going to have to entice guests in. Think of it this way, a lot of US families are probably feeling the pinch but you could put yourself in the "mindset" that with Free dining you effectively could vacation with no additional costs now you are suddenly having to find extra $$$ for food, you are probably facing up to the fact that it's too expensive (once you take the Disney specs off).
Also which would you choose $120 onsite for an 8oz steak each or $60 at Manny's Chophouse for an all you can eat salad & half a coo each?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Since food prices here in the US have risen dramatically, I expect Disney will respond by raising theirs accordingly. Don’t know about UK guests but Americans will pay it because we love our Disney fix and they know it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

DD has a friend who works in Disney finance dept who was working on the the project to increase food and drink prices to try and recoup lost revenue due to vastly reduced capacity. With guests being unable to leave the park and return later they expect a greater % of people will buy food, even at significantly higher prices.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

They increase their prices 4-5 times a year and have for decades. I doubt they will pause this trend since they will want to claw back all the money they can to cover their costs for sanitising their premises and soft furnishings and rescheduling their staff and reworking their plans on frequent time scales to comply with the new regulations.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
DD has a friend who works in Disney finance dept who was working on the the project to increase food and drink prices to try and recoup lost revenue due to vastly reduced capacity. With guests being unable to leave the park and return later they expect a greater % of people will buy food, even at significantly higher prices.
I didnt realise that you would not be able to leave and return later. I know park hours have been changed and we will need to book our park for the day but can I ask where you read/heard this?

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, can you point me in the direction of this info it may speed up our decision to move to universal
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

This was part of the measures that DD's friend within Disney had told her, and one of the reasons why they think they can increase prices as guests will have no other option.

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I didnt realise that you would not be able to leave and return later. I know park hours have been changed and we will need to book our park for the day but can I ask where you read/heard this?

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, can you point me in the direction of this info it may speed up our decision to move to universal
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
This was part of the measures that DD's friend within Disney had told her, and one of the reasons why they think they can increase prices as guests will have no other option.
There is another option. Eat elsewhere, bring sandwiches, the majority of park goers are not staying onsite. Simple economics will apply to Disney dining as it does with anything. Prices go up, demand goes down. Putting prices up could well reduce revenue not increase it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

“If possible” I think lots of families would consider buying in Waters and sodas and any other groceries to make their own sandwiches to take into the parks since the foods and drinks prices are going to be higher than pre-pandemic. As long as you aren’t hauling a big red waggon with a massive cooler box I think you’ll be fine. Just take a picnic cooler bag and fill it with ice if you can to keep everything cool and pop it into a
Locker if it’s available to hire still. If there are no lockers you may have to tote it all day but it will get lighter. Many families will be tempted to do this.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List