Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Pedigree 💪
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
We fed Lola eukanuba and fresh cooked chicken until she had her cancer diagnosis, when I started to look for ways to help her I was so shocked at the link between kibble and dog cancers and we changed her to raw , the difference in her was amazing , we lost Lola in January and I vowed that if we ever got another pup then I would definitely feed raw , we are waiting on the litter which is due to arrive two weeks tomorrow to finally see our new fur baby so I’m trying to read up as much as I can about raw feeding a pup so if anyone has any experience or knowledge it would be most welcome xxx
Our youngest, Willow, is from a litter we had, but we didn’t wean them onto raw, as we didn’t want to tie owners to it. However, once the other puppies had gone, we started changing her over straight away. We intended to do it over a week or so, but she immediately loved the raw and didn’t want the kibble, and so that was that!

This is an interesting article - primalpooch/how-to-trans...to-a-raw-diet/
Old 30 May 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
heidi987
Apprentice Imagineer

heidi987's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I feed mine Arden Grange
Old 31 May 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Have a look on the website All About Dog Food. You can put in your pups type/breed and weight and have tailored results, rated by quality and in most cases there's a write up in what's actually in the food. Our pups breeder uses Royal Canin which isn't rated well at all.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Our youngest, Willow, is from a litter we had, but we didn’t wean them onto raw, as we didn’t want to tie owners to it. However, once the other puppies had gone, we started changing her over straight away. We intended to do it over a week or so, but she immediately loved the raw and didn’t want the kibble, and so that was that!

This is an interesting article - primalpooch/how-to-trans...to-a-raw-diet/
I have been told that if my pup is on kibble when I get her to complete that day on it and change it over the next day and not to mix both as they digest and different rates , i have had a look at the complete mixes and they seem so much easier but need to weigh it up against doing ground raw which we fed Lola and adding all the extras , this is the bit I need to learn about as it is different from what an adult dog gets xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
I have been told that if my pup is on kibble when I get her to complete that day on it and change it over the next day and not to mix both as they digest and different rates , i have had a look at the complete mixes and they seem so much easier but need to weigh it up against doing ground raw which we fed Lola and adding all the extras , this is the bit I need to learn about as it is different from what an adult dog gets xxx
Natural Instinct, who we used to use are about 80-85% meat, offal and bone and 15-20% veggies. The food we have now is 80/10/10% meat/bone/offal and we don’t add veggie. We do give carrots as treats sometimes.

I researched and researched before I made the switch, and it was obvious the veggies or not debate is pretty much the biggest debate between raw feeders, but I didn’t reach a conclusion on which is “better”.

If I was feeding a puppy, I’d probably use a specific puppy raw food, as I’d be worried about getting the nutrients right doing DIY and early development is so important, but that’s me.
Good luck with your research!
Old 31 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Canin dry mix - bought from the vet monthly.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Eden Holistic - Country Range (80% Meat, 20% Vegetables).
Dry kibble with a spoonful of wet.
Expensive but have had no health issues with her - was recommended this.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by heidi987 View Post
I feed mine Arden Grange
She was on this when we got her and went off it.
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
Have a look on the website All About Dog Food. You can put in your pups type/breed and weight and have tailored results, rated by quality and in most cases there's a write up in what's actually in the food. Our pups breeder uses Royal Canin which isn't rated well at all.
Yes, we found that website, a few months back. We bought her the Acana which was highly rated on there, she turned her nose up at it...lol. Yes Royal Canin as well as the other well known brands are not rated well at all.
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile

My girl is raw fed, she loves it xx
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List