Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Mar 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The straw that broke the camels back!

What a week! I really need to write new threads for all the things that have happened this week. I will do so, please look out for the following:
1. My DD was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and Fibromyalgia.
2. My cat and the cattery.
3. I have upset my cleaners and don't understand.
4. My laptop died; I use it all the time for my business, very stressful.
5. My DS moved back home, he and DD argue all the time (they are 23 & 21) all DH does is moan about them - I feel like running away but I have a holiday just me and DH to look forward to.

Things that have happened I won't write a new thread about:
1. I started my own business 2 years ago and am working, working and working all the hours. BUT we booked a holiday and it is my light at the end of the tunnel, I am so excited. We go in 5 days, it's all I can think about. Do I need to go on?
2. I have remained calm throughout all the stresses this week, still sleeping ok and no tears, until...
3. MY Mum is in a nursing home about 20 miles away. She is 78 with severe mental health problems. I visit her every Monday and we go out for lunch. We always take her out for a special meal on her birthday and Mother's Day. As we should have been away this Mother's Day we took her out today. When we got there we were told that today is the last day we can visit her until further notice, the home is now shut to all visitors. Well that did it I sobbed and sobbed. I guess it had to happen!

Edited at 10:32 PM.
welsh wizard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm so sorry to hear of your really crappy week!
No advice but sending you a virtual hug xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welsh wizard View Post
What a week! I really need to write new threads for all the things that have happened this week. I will do so, please look out for the following:
5. My DS moved back home, he and DD argue all the time (they are 23 & 21) all DH does is moan about them - I feel like running away but I have a holiday just me and DH to look forward to.

1. I started my own business 2 years ago and am working, working and working all the hours. BUT we booked a holiday and it is my light at the end of the tunnel, I am so excited. We go in 5 days, it's all I can think about. Do I need to go on?
2. I have remained calm throughout all the stresses this week, still sleeping ok and no tears, until...
3. MY Mum is in a nursing home about 20 miles away. She is 78 with severe mental health problems. I visit her every Monday and we go out for lunch. We always take her out for a special meal on her birthday and Mother's Day. As we should have been away this Mother's Day we took her out today. When we got there we were told that today is the last day we can visit her until further notice, the home is now shut to all visitors. Well that did it I sobbed and sobbed. I guess it had to happen!

You should title this the put it into perspective thread

Best wishes to you and yours. I have Crohn’s so I am acutely aware of your daughters condition
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

I think you were more than entitled to a good cry - that’s quite a list 😔. Hope some of the things on the list start to ease off a bit for you x
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

Hope time gets easier for you. Sending you lots of love and hugs xx
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hoping that things look up for you soon xx

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

What a rough week you've had. I hope things improve soon , it's rubbish at the moment I agree
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh gosh, sending you a very big hug 🤗

You will get through this!

I have had Crohn’s for 30+ years and I have fibromyalgia too, it’s a shock at first but try and remain positive for your daughter. I remember the consultant who told me my diagnosis, he pretty much wrote me off. I proved him wrong, I set up my own successful business, have worked and traveled all over the world and got married and had six children. Stay positive xx
Old 16 Mar 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Is there a way the nursing home can arrange a Skype call every Monday at a particular time just so you can say hello and see your mum?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welsh wizard View Post

Sorry to hear about all your family problems
Fingers crossed for you all things get better x
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List