Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve DM’d Virgin on Twitter and waiting on a response about that. We want to move to next September and can’t because our booking is for this September so I’ve asked what our options are. I’ll post once I get a reply.
Thanks that would be so helpful, fingers crossed for reasonably swift reply.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Thanks all for the replies.

Think I will just leave it and if flight is cancelled again will take the refund option.
My tickets were reward seats and I was offered a full refund or change to open ticket for those that have that ticket.
Mine was changed due to a change to Heathrow from Manchester so had all options but took indirect flight instead but now having second thoughts even if holiday went ahead due to inflight service changes 🤪
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
Has anyone been able to move October flights to open ticket?
When did you book? Website states you can if flight 30 September if you booked before 19 March or flight upto 31 December if booked after.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I booked in February, so dont think I can, but sure I read on here someone did move an October flight. Virgin site keeps updating! maybe end of this month it wll change .
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
Does anyone know if you are offered an open ticket if you bought reward seats?
I’ve had a reply to my DM and they confirm that you can take the open ticket but there needs to be reward flights available for your new dates. They did say though that they will be releasing more reward flights because of this. I’ve sent another DM to ask if you can still book the outbound and inbound separately with an open ticket as this may be the difference between us taking it or cancelling and rebooking when flights are released. With a smaller PE cabin I don’t want to have wait 2 weeks to get the inbound flights.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve had a reply to my DM and they confirm that you can take the open ticket but there needs to be reward flights available for your new dates. They did say though that they will be releasing more reward flights because of this. I’ve sent another DM to ask if you can still book the outbound and inbound separately with an open ticket as this may be the difference between us taking it or cancelling and rebooking when flights are released. With a smaller PE cabin I don’t want to have wait 2 weeks to get the inbound flights.
This is really helpful thank you. We’ve got reward flights for August and didn’t realise we could use them on an open ticket.

If you could update this thread once you get the answer about booking the reward seats separately that would be great, because the option to do that as well as taking an open ticket would be very useful. 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
This is really helpful thank you. We’ve got reward flights for August and didn’t realise we could use them on an open ticket.

If you could update this thread once you get the answer about booking the reward seats separately that would be great, because the option to do that as well as taking an open ticket would be very useful. 😀

Kat
Yes will do. They take a wee while to reply so it may be a few days.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
Does anyone know if you are offered an open ticket if you bought reward seats?
We had 4 PE economy reward seats for November and we have changed them to open tickets.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
We had 4 PE economy reward seats for November and we have changed them to open tickets.
Ive got 2 reward flights for this August that I’m going to need to cancel so this is good information x
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Me too so only due taxes back but IF they go bust and an open ticket is taken then I know ‘miles’ may be lost but what about the taxes would you be able to make a S75 claim? It’s the only thing stopping me taking an open ticket as I would like to help by not getting my money back now but only if it’s safe to do so. I do understand why ppl with cash bookings get refunded as airmiles seats are set miles so no movement in price but I don’t want to loose my taxes!