Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve cancelled our trip.😢 I hope it’s all ok for next year. It seems so far away.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
We’ve cancelled our trip.😢 I hope it’s all ok for next year. It seems so far away.
It is far away, but the experience will be that much better than this year.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
OMG I've just changed my countdown... it went from 74 days to 444 days
I’m refusing to change mine! It started at over 1000 days. I got so close.😢

Do you think next year is going to be mega busy due to people rebooking from this year AND it being the anniversary year? Or do you think the whole stress of this year and not knowing about DDP/wearing of mask worries and all the other restrictions will put people off still?
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
It is far away, but the experience will be that much better than this year.
Yep and I’m hoping Tron will be up and running!
Old 31 May 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope so , should have arrived a couple of hours ago. Now looking at Aug 2021
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

We were planning on flying out for August next year also - now after reading around the subject we worry about the following:
1: By choosing to holiday next August - will we be attending not only with the usual busy crowds but also the backlog of visitors that decide not to travel this year
2: Are we going to have to compete to purchase tickets/entrance to the parks for the days in which we want to attend the parks (if they still limit the number of people attending parks)
3: Will flight prices increase due to the closure of many airlines etc.

We are desperate to go back - but feel rather downhearted regarding the prospect...
Old 31 May 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
We were planning on flying out for August next year also - now after reading around the subject we worry about the following:
1: By choosing to holiday next August - will we be attending not only with the usual busy crowds but also the backlog of visitors that decide not to travel this year
2: Are we going to have to compete to purchase tickets/entrance to the parks for the days in which we want to attend the parks (if they still limit the number of people attending parks)
3: Will flight prices increase due to the closure of many airlines etc.

We are desperate to go back - but feel rather downhearted regarding the prospect...
Next year was always going to be busy being the 59th Anniversary.
Travel agents are pricing holidays as we speak. The flights are coming in less than £900, so they are guessing but that's a good starting point.
I've been in the parks when they close due to capacity, it's very manageable.
Fast passes will be available. Also DDP will be given to UK residence, we are a small minority but an important minority, so DDP will be up and out by September.
I'm planning on going August 2021, nothing will stop us I hope.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
Next year was always going to be busy being the 59th Anniversary.
Travel agents are pricing holidays as we speak. The flights are coming in less than £900, so they are guessing but that's a good starting point.
I've been in the parks when they close due to capacity, it's very manageable.
Fast passes will be available. Also DDP will be given to UK residence, we are a small minority but an important minority, so DDP will be up and out by September.
I'm planning on going August 2021, nothing will stop us I hope.
We did August 2018 - and you are right, it is managable when you have a decent travel plan in place. We managed with a party of 12 - 1 child with ADHD hopping around the parks, making good use of fast pass + and had a very enjoyable time.

I suppose I am just worried about the changes taking place currently and not having planned for any upheavals - it's kind of a shock. We were in fact discussing a potential Villa with owners in New York on the eve of the lockdown and havn't heard from them since - hope they are ok...
Old 31 May 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

So we were due to go 2021. However with the backlog of visitors changing dates from this year to next year, plus the additional visitors anyway for the 50th anniversary. We decided we would rather wait another year hopefully should be back to normal by then. The thought of wearing facemasks in heat, that coupled with not being able to meet the princesses I can't risk spending £££ without getting what I want out of it.
So 2022 and an added bonus of a Disney cruise will do nicely.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List