Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Has anyone cancelled Disney since the announcement?

For the past 72 hours it’s been a roller coaster ride. From hearing the Park is open again to Disney withdrawing dinning plan n fast passes and extra magic hours.

Has anyone contacted Disney or their travel agent to cancel since then? Or are u guys waiting to hear from Disney to confirm ?!

I’m in the position I could cancel and refund the flights right now but I also would like to hold off and see what Disney have to offer to compensate. But I also don’t want to miss the window to cancel n refund my flights by waiting too long either.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

I am going to. Just the Disney portion of our trip for now. Due there middle of August.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How long have you got to cancel your flights and get a refund?
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
GBScott
Trying for More Ears

I would like to know what they are offering too, I don’t want to go and have half an experience.
GBScott is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Disney made an announcement last night (not sure if it also applies to international travellers) that everyone who had the free dining plan will get a 35% discount, I’m waiting to see if this is the case as if it is I may keep my booking...

“ For resort hotel guests who booked a Free Disney Dining Plan package:

We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details about the process to secure new reservations, including our new dining and experience reservation window which will accommodate selections up to 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.”

Edited at 11:54 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
How long have you got to cancel your flights and get a refund?
That’s the problem I don’t know. One of the connecting flight is “under review” so I could cancel during this stage. If they decides that the flight is going as scheduled then I don’t get to cancel and request a refund.

I really want to know what Disney has to offer but we are due to go in 6 weeks. Not sure how the border turns out either. I could cry right now!
Old 30 May 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Disney made an announcement last night (not sure if it also applies to international travellers) that everyone who had the free dining plan will get a 35% discount, I’m waiting to see if this is the case as if it is I may keep my booking
I want know what they have to offer too as if it’s something worth it then I might still go. Despite Only half the experience.
Old 30 May 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Cancelled my Sept WDW holiday in March.

For my money, I want the full monty

Disney332
Old 30 May 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm going to wait to hear what Disney have to say and if I'm not happy I'll cancel and go to Universal.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Disney made an announcement last night (not sure if it also applies to international travellers) that everyone who had the free dining plan will get a 35% discount, I’m waiting to see if this is the case as if it is I may keep my booking...

“ For resort hotel guests who booked a Free Disney Dining Plan package:

We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details about the process to secure new reservations, including our new dining and experience reservation window which will accommodate selections up to 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.”
That's for American guests only.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List