Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Has her hearing been checked thoroughly? Perhaps there’s an issue that’s not easy to see but may need taking a better look at. One of my nephews had something similar years ago, he had a problem behind his eardrum which was quickly rectified...
She had the hearing tests at birth and they came back fine, we’ve never noticed a problem with hearing and her speech/vocab is actually advanced for her age but I’m open for having anything tested if it helps us out!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
Thanks everyone, I’m thinking maybe some problem with her balance/inner ear. I get travel sick myself but at 2miles down the road if you were a bit queasy I don’t think it’s really long enough in a car to actually be sick? I might be wrong but yeah I’m going to see what the doc says on Monday. I imagine they’ll be reluctant to see her at this time.
They are saying don’t avoid seeking an appointment for a child if it’s needed. Might be a phone or video appointment though.

I rarely get travel sick but one car we had , a Volvo , I had to drive when we went out in it as even the shortest of journeys in it made me really queasy As a passenger.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I get travel sick and depending how im feeling generally i can actually be ill going to the supermarket when my hubby drives. Its the way he drives. I obvioulsy dont take sickness tablets if im driving and i dont have to take any if my father is driving but do if hubby is driving. My youngest was travel sick and she sat on newspaper when travelling short distances and gave her travel sickness tablets for ling journeys. I would however seek medical advice with her being so young.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Sounds daft but what car do you drive, and is she the same in any other car? Only reason I ask is that when I was little I suffered from terrible travel sickeness but only in my Dad's Ford Cortina, any other car I was fine!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Sounds daft but what car do you drive, and is she the same in any other car? Only reason I ask is that when I was little I suffered from terrible travel sickeness but only in my Dad's Ford Cortina, any other car I was fine!
We have a seat ateca, it’s only happened in that car but we do use it for more journeys, we may have to use my car a bit more and see if that makes a difference!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
I get travel sick and depending how im feeling generally i can actually be ill going to the supermarket when my hubby drives. Its the way he drives. I obvioulsy dont take sickness tablets if im driving and i dont have to take any if my father is driving but do if hubby is driving. My youngest was travel sick and she sat on newspaper when travelling short distances and gave her travel sickness tablets for ling journeys. I would however seek medical advice with her being so young.
She says it’s cos daddy drives to fast, but I drove on Friday when it happened and was really conscious when setting off at junctions/roundabouts etc!
I got her to sit on newspaper to come home!

We have also thought about the position of the car seat. Whether it’s upright enough etc

Old 31 May 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
She says it’s cos daddy drives to fast, but I drove on Friday when it happened and was really conscious when setting off at junctions/roundabouts etc!
I got her to sit on newspaper to come home!

We have also thought about the position of the car seat. Whether it’s upright enough etc
Have you tried her car seat in a different seat?
I've had travel sickness since I was a child and where I sat in the car made a big difference. It wasn't so bad sat behind the driver but even now I find it gets really bad if I have to sit in the back on the passenger side.

I do think you are doing the right thing by getting her checked out to make sure there is nothing else going - it could well be travel sickness but if it is an inner ear issue or migraine ect they may be able to treat it
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

The doctor thinks it’s motion sickness, she says some children get it from travelling a long time whereas others get it with the change in a motion so that might explain the short distances. She has said to keep a diary of when it happens. She has prescribed phenegen? It’s an antihistamine but can also be used for travelling? We’ll give it a go and see what happens!