Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 20, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Afternoon tea hamper recommendations

Hi
it’s my parents wedding anniversary on Friday. I usually get them something but obviously most shops are shut and even if they weren’t I’m Shielding so havnt been in a shop since March.

We are feeling a bit down in the dumps as we should have been in the states just now joining in the celebrations for my nieces high school graduation

I thought I’d send them a wee surprise on Friday of an afternoon tea hamper. Was all set to order one but that particular company is full till 11th June. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to order from. Thought I’d ask the DIBB since you guys know everything
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
Hi
it’s my parents wedding anniversary on Friday. I usually get them something but obviously most shops are shut and even if they weren’t I’m Shielding so havnt been in a shop since March.

We are feeling a bit down in the dumps as we should have been in the states just now joining in the celebrations for my nieces high school graduation

I thought I’d send them a wee surprise on Friday of an afternoon tea hamper. Was all set to order one but that particular company is full till 11th June. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to order from. Thought I’d ask the DIBB since you guys know everything
We ordered ours from here, it was delicious
pigletspantry/
Old 31 May 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looks at local bakeries/cake shops?

I know that there are a few local to us that are delivering afternoon teas.

Do you have a Facebook group for your local area that you could ask on?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We ordered ours from here, it was delicious
pigletspantry/
We’re getting a second delivery from Piglets Pantry on Saturday as we loved the first one so much. They’re doing a Father’s Day one so we’re giving that a try.

We’ve had a couple of others delivered from local places (bakeries and coffee shops) that I’ve found on Facebook. Some have been great, others have just been okay. It’s definitely worth checking what’s available locally.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I’ve ordered one from a local cafe who has started to deliver. It was my friends 60th birthday and her daughters 30 th birthday and they were due to have a joint party last night
Th efirm I used has supplied a voucher so they can book the date that they want
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Another vote for piglets pantry
Old 31 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Another vote for piglets pantry
Mitch, did you see my IG post on an afternoon delivery from one of our local restaurants? It was really good
Op, sorry to hijack!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering a customised hamper from Cartwright and butler
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Mitch, did you see my IG post on an afternoon delivery from one of our local restaurants? It was really good
Op, sorry to hijack!
I did, but too late as I’d already ordered. It looked excellent though. Just recommended them to a friend, much prefer to go local.
Had a takeaway from olive tree brasserie in SH on Friday night, that was lovely
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List