Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shona17
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
I have a booking with Virgin flying from
Glasgow on 7th Nov 2020 and it’s showing as a A330-200 and when I contacted them on Twitter the response I received was that it was going ahead as planned 🤷
Looks like they are moving furthest away dates first as they are more likely to be actually flying. I just want to know that if they are flying that Glasgow will still be an option. I don’t want moved to a flight from Manchester or Heathrow. If that’s to be the case just give me a refund
shona17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shona17 View Post
Looks like they are moving furthest away dates first as they are more likely to be actually flying. I just want to know that if they are flying that Glasgow will still be an option. I don’t want moved to a flight from Manchester or Heathrow. If that’s to be the case just give me a refund
I don't see why they can't tell us what is happening, I have a feeling my holiday on the 31st of July won't be happening 😣
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
shona17
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
I don't see why they can't tell us what is happening, I have a feeling my holiday on the 31st of July won't be happening 😣
I totally agree. They must surely know by now. The balance for our villa is due soon and we don’t even know if flights resume that we will be flying from Glasgow. I’ve tried tweeting virgin and they just don’t reply , avoiding anything that mentions Glasgow 😢
shona17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I totally agree. They must surely know by now. The balance for our villa is due soon and we don’t even know if flights resume that we will be flying from Glasgow. I’ve tried tweeting virgin and they just don’t reply , avoiding anything that mentions Glasgow 😢
That's exactly it. I've tweeted twice now about Glasgow and been ignored both times! Tweeted about other stuff and theyve answered fine!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Tgevreasonntte sre changing flights is steps us simple really.
If they changed all flights st the sane tine, their. Customer service system would collapse under the amount of people all at one time trying to contact them.
It’s bad enough currently, it would be ten times worse
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
If they changed all flights st the sane tine, their. Customer service system would collapse under the amount of people all at one time trying to contact them.
I know it's not possible to change flights at the same time, I would how ever think dealing with flights due to go July and August would be more of a priority than those going later. Also if they can announce flights will be going from Heathrow and not Gatwick before they start sorting the changes why can't they say when Glasgow will start back up
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I also tried a dummy booking for our dates , 4 - 19 September and it says there aren’t enough seats available 🤷
Same as ours. We're flying 25/9 - 9/10. Still showing 747 on my booking and PE seats still showing in the bubble.

I've bid low for UC upgrade there and back, so holding out and hoping they move me there instead of PE downstairs
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shona17
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I totally understand why they can’t change everything all at once and in the grand scheme of things holidays aren’t a priority for most at the moment . What would be really helpful is to know whether or not they plan to fly from Glasgow if and when flights resume. Can’t help feeling that those of us north of the border have been left wanting. It doesn’t seem to be much to ask. Meantime we play the waiting game 😳
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Virgin appear to be consolidating the 2 Manchester flights into 1 and updating the plane type for those flights in aug, Sep, Oct. so once that’s sorted they might start looking at Glasgow
I wish they would just ask ppl if they actually still wanted to go or not. I’d quite happily take a refund, even a 80-90% refund if I could finally know what’s happening. Booked thru a 3rd party so changing to an open ticket is not that easy as can’t get hold of anyone to talk about Sep dates but would be my preference.
Seems silly to change planes, deal with moving bookings and all the phone calls etc that go with that process without asking ppl if they still wanna go. I bet enough ppl will still go so the planes would be full or close to it and it would be better pr for them

Edited at 12:30 PM.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Virgin have confirmed they are flying from Glasgow from the 2nd January in 2021.
Can I ask where this was confirmed and are they moving to an all year flight from Glasgow then?
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List