Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Can you link where you have seen this please. As looking through the EU Law document is says ' The airport of arrival and the airport of original final destination serve the same town,.city or region. In this case it is classed as a delay and not a cancellation'

So I would read that as long as you are taking off /arriving into a london airport into Orlando then you are not entitled to a refund?
If the flight number changes then the flight has been cancelled so according to the CAA and many Google searches either a refund or a new flight.

I have also seen virgin tweets that say you can have a refund
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
What seats do you normally go for - in the 330/787 do you opt for the middle row so there is no window?

On the 200 there are some good centre seats next to each other too!
Normally in economy we choose the seats that nobody else wants! Middle row, and pref backing on to the toilet bulkhead so we can recline without bothering people, and DH feels more comfortable there. UC we need to be next to eachother again in the middle.

I love the window seat personally but never sit there if travelling with DH. I did go to China without him and saw a huge part of the Geat Wall of China fron the plane. It was breathtaking. He doesn't know what he misses! 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Normally in economy we choose the seats that nobody else wants! Middle row, and pref backing on to the toilet bulkhead so we can recline without bothering people, and DH feels more comfortable there. UC we need to be next to eachother again in the middle.

I love the window seat personally but never sit there if travelling with DH. I did go to China without him and saw a huge part of the Geat Wall of China fron the plane. It was breathtaking. He doesn't know what he misses! 😂
Not sure if youve travelled UC before so apologies for this if you have.

In the 330/787 your hubby could sit in the G middle row with no window and you could sit directly opposite in the K row window seat. Otherwise you are one in front/behind each other.

That way he doesnt have a window, but he can see you directly and you get a window?

On the 300-200 the best seats for you are the centre seats - of which there are 3 rows of 2 - these have no window and are immediatley next to each other

Edited at 08:17 AM.
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It seems that a lot more flights have been moved from Gatwick to heathrow now. There are also 2 direct flights a day
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Not sure if youve travelled UC before so apologies for this if you have.

In the 330/787 your hubby could sit in the G middle row with no window and you could sit directly opposite in the K row window seat. Otherwise you are one in front/behind each other.

That way he doesnt have a window, but he can see you directly and you get a window?

On the 300-200 the best seats for you are the centre seats - of which there are 3 rows of 2 - these have no window and are immediatley next to each other
Suggested that before but he's not keen on the aisle separation. It's irrational but then so are most phobias I guess. I usually have a peek out the little window on the door (if there is one) or just glance over people's heads.

Flown UC a few times. I'm a bit of an AV geek tbh ☺ Have tried all variations except the A350 now. I did get DH to sit with me for 5 mins at the bar once and have drink. That photo is priceless. He's holding on to the bar 😂

Mostly we fly good old economy though and it's fine.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Have you considered the 2 seats next to each other in upper where one doesn't have a window? Just a thought for your DH and probably a seat that others avoid! You would be next to each other but you get a window and he doesn't.
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Have you considered the 2 seats next to each other in upper where one doesn't have a window? Just a thought for your DH and probably a seat that others avoid! You would be next to each other but you get a window and he doesn't.
Ooh, that's worth mentioning to him. Depends how he would view being on that side. Hadn't thought about suggesting that though, thank you.
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I believe it's 7A on the left of the plane and 7K on the right that is windowless on the 787.
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I believe it's 7A on the left of the plane and 7K on the right that is windowless on the 787.
Thank you. Hadn't thought to 'pitch' that idea to DH yet. Will see what he thinks.
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Out of interest, for those who have been moved from LGW to LHR, has everyone been moved to the early flights? Anyone been moved on to VS135 / VS136?