Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We are in Anaheim from the 17th - 20th September before doing our Road Trip. Haven't booked a hotel yet as was waiting for prices to go down (and now I'm a bit too scared to book anything!) will be staying off site though, like the look of The Candy Cane Inn or one of the Best Westerns.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
We are in Anaheim from the 17th - 20th September before doing our Road Trip. Haven't booked a hotel yet as was waiting for prices to go down (and now I'm a bit too scared to book anything!) will be staying off site though, like the look of The Candy Cane Inn or one of the Best Westerns.
Prices right now are the lowest they will be. Anything on Harbour Boulevard, From Howard Johnsons down to Castle Inn and Suites expect around $150 per night.

My budget is no more than $120 a night. Places in that price range are Motel 6 Maingate and Kings Inn Anaheim.

I got a good deal at Desert Inn and Suites when I rescheduled for October.

Also just a note, the only two with inside corridors ie what we call a hotel are Candycane Inn and Howard Johnsons.

All of the others are motels, with outside corridors and mainly stairs.

They are all fairly basic, and I wouldnt be expecting breakfasts or other amenities. They exist for the park guests, a place to sleep and shower.

The price differences reflect the distance from the park pedestrian entrance.

Candycane Inn is the only one which has its own shuttle, all the others you either walk or use Anaheim local bus.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Awww thats a shame, but at least now, you can keep up with the news and see how things go. There is not alot of info here on The Dibb, and people don't really know where to look for info, so I'm trying to share as much as I can.
Thank you for doing this & sharing any info you find. I have been trying to look online for any news, but couldn't find anything. I do look on the Disneyland app at the updates.
Our holiday is on hold just for now but we will go & have a great time when it's safe & everything is fully open to the Disney experience.
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
We’re travelling on 24th October returning 31st and staying at Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites.
Hoping it’ll be an ok place to rest our heads... we barely spend any time on our hotel when on holiday and it seems adequate for our needs! 🤞🏼
Most of the hotels and motels in the area are comparable in room size and quality. Its all park guests, so unless its one of the big names like Marriot or Hilton theres no real difference in the rooms.

I had a look at the map for that hotel. You are a bit too far to walk but there is an ART bus stop right outside.

When you look on the map you can technically walk up Disney Drive and get to Downtown Disney, its not as simple as it looks. Disneyland Drive goes under the bridge / walkway at Downtown Disney, so you have to turn into Paradise Pier Hotel and then walk up Downtown Drive to get to the security entrance at Downtown Disney. You then have to walk all the way through Downtown Disney to get to the esplanade to the park entrances.

By taking the ART bus you get taken to the shuttle drop off / pedestarian entrance at Harbour boulevard. The security entrance and park entrances are right there, no long walk.

This is the website for the ART shuttle bus rideart/
Your hotel is on Katella Line
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’re travelling on 24th October returning 31st and staying at Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites.
Hoping it’ll be an ok place to rest our heads... we barely spend any time on our hotel when on holiday and it seems adequate for our needs! 🤞🏼
This is where we had booked to stay.😊
Dawnfletch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Prices right now are the lowest they will be. Anything on Harbour Boulevard, From Howard Johnsons down to Castle Inn and Suites expect around $150 per night.

My budget is no more than $120 a night. Places in that price range are Motel 6 Maingate and Kings Inn Anaheim.

I got a good deal at Desert Inn and Suites when I rescheduled for October.

Also just a note, the only two with inside corridors ie what we call a hotel are Candycane Inn and Howard Johnsons.

All of the others are motels, with outside corridors and mainly stairs.

They are all fairly basic, and I wouldnt be expecting breakfasts or other amenities. They exist for the park guests, a place to sleep and shower.

The price differences reflect the distance from the park pedestrian entrance.

Candycane Inn is the only one which has its own shuttle, all the others you either walk or use Anaheim local bus.

Thanks for the advice, now looking at booking something on free cancellation. Is the Candy Cane inn walking distance would you say? also now looking at the Ho Jo which looks quite nice.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a planned trip flying out from Heathrow on 13th August visiting Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco, the Pacific highway hollywood and finishing up on August 25th at The Disneyland hotel for 4 nights. Currently keeping everything crossed trying to remain positive. I haven’t bought Disney tickets yet as am not feeling paying out any more money until there is some certainty.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Thanks for the bus info 😊 You really are a fantastic wealth of information for DL! ❤️
It seems like it’s 1 block to walk and we’re quite fit (and have walked from International Drive to Universal Studios many times!) so will more than likely walk to the park on the days we are there (probs 20-30mins walk) but great to know if we are feeling tired we can always hop on a bus! 👍🏻
thanks, but knowing the area its more like a 45 minute walk and thats just to the security entrance at Downtown Disney.

I put it onto Google Maps for you

Old 6 Jun 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kllbc
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the thread Bad Pink Tink.

We have postponed our California trip from June until later in the year, and are currently booked into Candlewood suites Anaheim from 7th to 11th October. I’ve already linked our 4 day park a day tickets to the app so desperately hoping that things start to open up again soon.

Your updates are appreciated 😍😍
Aug14 - Turtle Villa at Eagle Pointe. Aug15 - Beach Club resort, Hard Rock Club, Sunset Lakes, A of A. Apr16 - Disney Springs, Bradenton Beach, International Drive. Aug16 - Saratoga Springs, Hard Rock Club. Aug17 - NYC, Old Key West, Regal Oaks. Oct17 - International drive, Bradenton Beach, Disney Springs.
Jun18 - West Coast Roadtrip!
kllbc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Hi, we are booked for December. It’s our first time to Disneyland but not to California.
We fly out on 13th and are booked into The Hyatt Regency Orange County for 2 nights. The 14th is my 50th so really hoping we get to go. We then head to Palm Springs for 9 nights in an Airbnb followed by 2 nights in Vegas for Christmas. This is also the first time we have been able to go away at this time of year due to me changing my job last year as I used to be a retail manager. We also managed to get avios reward flights , CW out to LAX and First home from Vegas, which we haven’t done before, so really going to be gutted if we don’t get...

Thank you for the thread, I’ve been looking to see if I can find out any info so this is great.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List