Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Pilates. My instructor is a physio and all exercises/stretches are modified. It's not like pilates in a gym.
It makes such a difference to me.
We are doing zoom classes now until we can start having the regular group ones again.
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Pilates. My instructor is a physio and all exercises/stretches are modified. It's not like pilates in a gym.
It makes such a difference to me.
We are doing zoom classes now until we can start having the regular group ones again.
I have been advised the same - go to a physio leg pilates class as they much better understand what they are doing as they have the proper medical knowledge.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your advice . Some good ideas to try once I can move again .

Any advice as to what I can do in the meantime now that my back has actually gone?!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Ice it, and take pain killers,
I see a chiropractor (or I did before lockdown!) and he line it all back up, last summer I started Pilates and honestly I’ve only had a minor niggle since (before that I put it out at least once a year properly!) mine is just being unbalanced - a combination of lack of core strength and poor posture. My Pilates instructor has been doing zoom classes - there a few instructors out there who do - there’s a few good stretches too, like the cat stretch and it’s counter pose, but defo have a chat to your physio before you try those!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Ice it, and take pain killers,
I see a chiropractor (or I did before lockdown!) and he line it all back up, last summer I started Pilates and honestly I’ve only had a minor niggle since (before that I put it out at least once a year properly!) mine is just being unbalanced - a combination of lack of core strength and poor posture. My Pilates instructor has been doing zoom classes - there a few instructors out there who do - there’s a few good stretches too, like the cat stretch and it’s counter pose, but defo have a chat to your physio before you try those!
Thanks for your reply, you do sound similar to me. Mine goes once or twice a year, last time was October half term and was pretty bad, the spasms felt like contractions! My core strength is terrible and I know my posture is bad. I’ve been to a chiropractor before (different issue) and I absolutely hated it so I’m a little bit reluctant to go again, so I may try a combimantion of all the advice I’ve had here (Pilates, Bowen, etc).

Thanks again
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Thanks for your reply, you do sound similar to me. Mine goes once or twice a year, last time was October half term and was pretty bad, the spasms felt like contractions! My core strength is terrible and I know my posture is bad. I’ve been to a chiropractor before (different issue) and I absolutely hated it so I’m a little bit reluctant to go again, so I may try a combimantion of all the advice I’ve had here (Pilates, Bowen, etc).

Thanks again
It might be worth chatting with your GP. If the pain is actually caused by muscle spasms as you mention - they might give you a relaxant.
Two years ago I was prescribed Diazepam for mine (VERY low dose). I didn't actually take them so dont know whether they work or not. This time my physio wondered if Amitriptyline might help. I didn't follow up on this asI am not keen on these types of drugs.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
It might be worth chatting with your GP. If the pain is actually caused by muscle spasms as you mention - they might give you a relaxant.
Two years ago I was prescribed Diazepam for mine (VERY low dose). I didn't actually take them so dont know whether they work or not. This time my physio wondered if Amitriptyline might help. I didn't follow up on this asI am not keen on these types of drugs.
Thank you. Hopefully I’ll get to the bottom of it

I appreciate everyone’s advice - thanks again.