Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jun 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Dubai tips

Hi all family of 5 3 kids 14,11 and 10 looking for recommendations on what area to stay, lots of people had advised to avoid the palm area as it’s hard to get in and off and not really near other touristy things. Is jumeira beach a good option. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choice.
Thanks in advance
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
I prefer the Jumeirah beach area. I’ve also stayed on the palm and although I consider it to be a bit out of the way it’s easy to get about in Dubai as taxis are cheap and plentiful. I’ve stayed in Atlantis and there is plenty for a family to do there and it’s also easy to get in and out to visit other places. As well as the Jumeirah Beach area, the Dubai Marina area is also nice.
I’d suggest having a look at the Emirates holidays website to see what deals are on. I always book direct with hotels but for a first visit it’s a good starting point to see what they have available.
Before you book come back in here and tell us what hotels you are thinking of and what sort of room and board you are looking at and someone will help.
Here is the All things Dubai thread which may help https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...106638&page=36
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve stayed at Atlantis on the palm and loved it but it is a bit out of the way. Taxis are relatively cheap so not a big deal if you are just popping about a few times but if you planned to be sightseeing everyday I’d maybe choose somewhere else.
We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt at the creek and loved that one too and the location was a shorter, more convenient taxi ride to lots of places.
Other convenient locations are Jumeriah beach and the marina. My parents stayed at the marina and loved the fact they could walk out to different restaurants from their hotel.
Now I’ve seen the main sights I’d consider Staying at Lapita for the theme park access of Motiongate, Legoland, Bollywood land but it’s a bit far out if you haven’t been to Dubai before and want to do the main sights.
I wrote a couple of trip reports that might help you.

5 nights in Dubai, April 2017
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1104715

Halloween in Dubai, October 2018
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106980
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I prefer the Jumeirah beach area. I’ve also stayed on the palm and although I consider it to be a bit out of the way it’s easy to get about in Dubai as taxis are cheap and plentiful. I’ve stayed in Atlantis and there is plenty for a family to do there and it’s also easy to get in and out to visit other places. As well as the Jumeirah Beach area, the Dubai Marina area is also nice.
I’d suggest having a look at the Emirates holidays website to see what deals are on. I always book direct with hotels but for a first visit it’s a good starting point to see what they have available.
Before you book come back in here and tell us what hotels you are thinking of and what sort of room and board you are looking at and someone will help.
Here is the All things Dubai thread which may help https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...106638&page=36
Thank you so much I will do , we toyed with the idea last year so have a few in mind I’ll let you know when we have some strong contenders , good to know about the taxis too.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I’ve stayed at Atlantis on the palm and loved it but it is a bit out of the way. Taxis are relatively cheap so not a big deal if you are just popping about a few times but if you planned to be sightseeing everyday I’d maybe choose somewhere else.
We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt at the creek and loved that one too and the location was a shorter, more convenient taxi ride to lots of places.
Other convenient locations are Jumeriah beach and the marina. My parents stayed at the marina and loved the fact they could walk out to different restaurants from their hotel.
Now I’ve seen the main sights I’d consider Staying at Lapita for the theme park access of Motiongate, Legoland, Bollywood land but it’s a bit far out if you haven’t been to Dubai before and want to do the main sights.
I wrote a couple of trip reports that might help you.

5 nights in Dubai, April 2017
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1104715

Halloween in Dubai, October 2018
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106980
I’m swinging more towards Jumeriah beach area , partner is more the Palm area, the only thing that put me off the plan was getting on and off it. The main things we want to do are motiongate, the water park at the Atlantis, probably the main mall, the frame, fountains, the burj and global village are the main things I want to do, that sounds a lot wrote down ha ha.

I did read your blogs as we were considering Dubai last year they were great thanks for sharing.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We are booked for Atlantis in September I am going to cancel it as we were going to take DD out of school but after the time she has missed we don’t think that this is right. I dint really like Dubai but I like nice hotels, good food and great service, if Atlantis was in the isle of Wight I would be happy it’s the resort I am going for not the place.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Thank you so much I will do , we toyed with the idea last year so have a few in mind I’ll let you know when we have some strong contenders , good to know about the taxis too.
Depending on budget Jumeirah Al Naseem is An amazing hotel, they all are on that complex but each hotel is more suited to different family dynamics/groups. JBH is a perfect family hotel but the building works will be an issue depending on when you go. All hotels owned by Jumeirah have free access to Wild Wadi (Atlantis has Aquaventure)
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Sofitel on the palm, next door to Atlantis.

We had two girls aged 12 and 7.

We enjoyed the hotel and they ran free shuttle busses to all the main attractions and malls etc. Uber was also very cheap.

We paid for Atlantis water park tickets - The girls loved it, it was well worth the money. Although their best memory is when I cried on a waterslide. (I'm claustrophobic and I'm not the strongest swimmer) So my worst nightmare happened when we went on a slide that went straight into pitch black and water coming up behind me and over my head.

We also booked tickets for the Burj Khalfia. The tallest building in the world. ITs pretty amazing. It takes a looooooooong time to get up to the top though! One of the malls in located underneath so good to get lunch / dinner before or after.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
We stayed at the Sofitel on the palm, next door to Atlantis.

We had two girls aged 12 and 7.

We enjoyed the hotel and they ran free shuttle busses to all the main attractions and malls etc. Uber was also very cheap.

We paid for Atlantis water park tickets - The girls loved it, it was well worth the money. Although their best memory is when I cried on a waterslide. (I'm claustrophobic and I'm not the strongest swimmer) So my worst nightmare happened when we went on a slide that went straight into pitch black and water coming up behind me and over my head.

We also booked tickets for the Burj Khalfia. The tallest building in the world. ITs pretty amazing. It takes a looooooooong time to get up to the top though! One of the malls in located underneath so good to get lunch / dinner before or after.

This hotel is top of our list so far so that's really good to know. we definitely want to go to the Atlantis waterpark, would love to stay there but with 5 of us its a bit out of our Price range.
thanks
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Depending on budget Jumeirah Al Naseem is An amazing hotel, they all are on that complex but each hotel is more suited to different family dynamics/groups. JBH is a perfect family hotel but the building works will be an issue depending on when you go. All hotels owned by Jumeirah have free access to Wild Wadi (Atlantis has Aquaventure)
thanks I'll have a look at that one, good to know about the waterparks too I didn't know they had free access
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23