Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Novice garden / plants advice

I am looking for pretty, easy care plant/bush etc that last years. Grow to about 4 - 6ft maximum.
I am totally clueless so any plants/shrubs that you recommend will be greatly appreciated.
They are for a border in my back garden. I want something colourful not just green.
Thank you.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

For a sunny area try this Ceanothus × delileanus 'Gloire de Versailles'. This variety is smaller than most Ceanothus and has lovely blue flowers, best if all it is evergreen so looks good all year round. Make sure you check to get this variety though as some other types can grow up to 4m.

Is the back of the border sunny, part sun or shade ?
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
For a sunny area try this Ceanothus × delileanus 'Gloire de Versailles'. This variety is smaller than most Ceanothus and has lovely blue flowers, best if all it is evergreen so looks good all year round. Make sure you check to get this variety though as some other types can grow up to 4m.

Is the back of the border sunny, part sun or shade ?
It is in the sun most of the day. 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I am not a gardener by a long stretch but we've had a couple of fuchsia bushes in each of our gardens over the last years that have done well with minimal care (some watering, occasional pruning and weeding). They are very pretty. Not sure how big they grow though.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Choisya, Sundance. An evergreen shrub with white fragrant flowers Late spring / early summer.
gardenia/plant/chois...-lich-sundance
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have got them all on my list 👍🏻
Thank you! I am hoping to go to a couple of garden centres today or tomorrow, fingers crossed they have what i want lol
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have got them all on my list 👍🏻
Thank you! I am hoping to go to a couple of garden centres today or tomorrow, fingers crossed they have what i want lol
If you go to Pimbo Garden Centre and ask for their advice they are incredibly helpful and lovely. The plants from there are really healthy too and are a good price. They were fantastic when we were renovating our garden and picked out for us exactly what we would need.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List