Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

NFL Schedule - Dolphins?

So for all you NFL fans out there...
The 2015 season dates have been announced!
(Seahawks fan)

We fly out on the 20th September, and the only game that is looking possible is Bills at Dolphins!

A few questions...

Has anyone been to Dolphins stadium?
How is the drive?
How long did it take?
How much are tickets, roughly?

I would have preferred games at either Tamps or Jacksonville, for distance.

So would a trip down to Miami be worth it?

Much love.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

A few years back our son and husband drove down to a Dolphins game at the new stadium. It took them about 3 1/2 hours. Could not tell you exactly how much they paid but think it was approx $50 and they were, I am told, good seats. They rang the stadium direct and collected tickets on arrival. When they got to the car park they were told they could park near the entrance but realised if they parked near the exit they would save considerable time getting out and on to the road at the end of the game.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that!
I need to look into it. Miami would have been my last choice, due to the distance.
But still really fancy a game!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney07
Dibbing with Tink

We go and see a Dolphins game every time we are in Florida, we are Dolphins fans, the stadium is amazing the atmosphere is electric. It normally takes us around 3-3 1/2 hours and we have a couple of stops on the way to grab a drink, the road is a straight road if you get on the turnpike and plenty of service stations to stop at on the way. What ever seat you get in the stadium it will be a good one, we have paid anything from $50 upwards. Well worth the trip. Unfortunatley this year we aren't going to Florida but will get to see the Dolphins as they are playing at Wembley, we also go to that every year too, atmosphere isn't as good as at Miami but we enjoy it still x
Hampton Lakes oct-Nov 2022
disney07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Braveheart1
Gone all Goofy

We drove down last year for the Patriots @ Dolphins game (there was no way we were missing our Pats play just a few hours from where we were staying!) We loved it and would happily do it again, only down side was that the Patriots lost!

The drive took around 3 1/2 hours via the turnpike and was really simple - Sun Life stadium is right next to the turnpike and has it's own exit, so it's easy to find. We left extra early to allow for traffic, and stopped around 45 minutes outside Miami for a rest stop. We got there around 5 minutes before the parking lot opened, and this meant we were in the front row of parking. This also meant we got to be one of the first cars out the parking lot which was really handy - I have a feeling that arriving late and parking at the back would mean you could be stuck in the parking lot for ages trying to get out.

Tickets range from fairly cheap ($40-50) through to $500+. One thing to bear in mind is that the away sideline is built to be in the sun for most of the day. The upper deck of the stadium also has no shade and so if you end up on this side of the stadium on the top deck then you'll be baking for many hours in the Miami heat! Ouch!

We paid around $200 per ticket for club level seating direct through Ticketmaster. We felt this was worth it - we had a separate entrance with no queues, air conditioned concourse with lots of food outlets etc, the block was (somewhat) shaded by the tier above and we had comfier seating with cup holders etc.
Braveheart1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
GiantEd
New Poster (5)

Can anyone advise how much parking costs for Dolphins and Tampa Bay?

Also are there any good excursions which include tickets and pick-ups to either of the stadiums.

Would be looking at Bills @ Dolphins on 27th September or Panthers @ Bucs on 4th October

Thanks
GiantEd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Braveheart1
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by GiantEd View Post
Can anyone advise how much parking costs for Dolphins and Tampa Bay?

Also are there any good excursions which include tickets and pick-ups to either of the stadiums.

Would be looking at Bills @ Dolphins on 27th September or Panthers @ Bucs on 4th October

Thanks
I'm sure parking for the Dolphins was around $30 on game day last season. I'd expect the Bucs to charge a similar amount.

We tried to find game excursions down to Miami but couldn't find anything that left from the Orlando area. The Bucs, however, put on buses from Orlando and you can purchase ticket/travel combo tickets from their official website.
Braveheart1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GiantEd
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by Braveheart1 View Post
I'm sure parking for the Dolphins was around $30 on game day last season. I'd expect the Bucs to charge a similar amount.

We tried to find game excursions down to Miami but couldn't find anything that left from the Orlando area. The Bucs, however, put on buses from Orlando and you can purchase ticket/travel combo tickets from their official website.
Excellent thanks for the info will check it out.
GiantEd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
flippyflop
Excited about Disney

We paid $25 at buccs last October for parking from ticketmaster, along with $90 ish seats by the pirate ship. Great day out by all accounts (I didn't go, I'm just the 'booker of stuff'!) ..hopefully to be repeated in the future!

Florida 1997, 1999, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, April 2017, & December 2017 booked. With many more to come, we hope...
DLP 2002
flippyflop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread