Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Feb 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Mobile Cost of adding dining plan to reservation.

Hello

On our two previous holidays we have rented DVC points for a few night.
We would be looking at doing it again next holiday but then spend the rest of it offsite. So I was wondering if the dining plan could be added to the booking and if so how much it costs?

Many thanks
X
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The DDP is $67.33 per adult per night night, and $24.22 per child per night.
QSDP is $46.34 per adult per night, and $20.18 per child per night.

A dining plan can only be added by whoever you rent points from, and has to be paid for in full at the time of adding it on. It must be added no more than 48 hours before check in, and you have to have the dining plan for the duration of your stay on those points.

HTH

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Thank you thats very helpful xx
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney I think if you "crunch" the numbers you will find it very hard to make it work financially, unusually the UK price is £42 & on the current exchange rate that's £13/person/day cheaper but not open to Owners who have to pay in $ I think even if you were to eat at the more expensive Buffets you would probably be lucky to break even.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Disney I think if you "crunch" the numbers you will find it very hard to make it work financially, unusually the UK price is £42 & on the current exchange rate that's £13/person/day cheaper but not open to Owners who have to pay in $ I think even if you were to eat at the more expensive Buffets you would probably be lucky to break even.
SD
I agree. I can never get it to come out cheaper.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I use tables in wonderland- its valid on alcohol as well, and for me is more flexible and better value- even when it went up to $150 :-(
Old 15 Feb 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There is a tool somewhere online (sorry can't remember where but Google and you may locate) where you put in all your eating habits, what you have etc for your party and it tells you if DDP is worth it. For our family DDP was working out $500 a week more than paying out of pocket. Nice to have if you get as part of a package with a decent room rate, looks very difficult to justify paying OOP for, unless you are a big eater and always go for the priciest items on the menu. A good example is Boathouse. 2 credits. But if you go and sit in 'bar' area still with proper tables etc, you can get a number of nice meals for around $20 mark. Of course that would not include a filet steak, but there are some great meals at that price, the club sandwich is fantastic.

Edited at 10:32 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Thank you.
We worked it out looking at the menus of a few places etc and could see it won't be worth it.
Thank you x
WDW 2020 POR
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

distripplanner/
Here's the tool. Be honest when using it. Unless you have the most expensive things on the menu every night, I doubt you will make it pay. For my family per week it is about $400 more to use the dining plan compared to what we would eat, albeit on the DP to get my value l'd be doing buffets or eating steak every night as I did when I was on it last August. It was included in the room on a cash sale then. Now I'm DVC and also having to pay a much higher price for it in dollars, I won't be doing it.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List