Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
What can I say. I'm gobsmacked, amazed, shocked to the core. Four weeks tomorrow since the assessor came and have dreaded the post arriving every day. Brown envelope on the mat this morning, sat down with trembling hands to find out the result. His monthly payments have gone up - get this by 75%. I don't want to post actual figures but to say that I'm pleased for him is a bit of an understatement. I handed him the letter and he gave it me back saying I don't understand, so there's another example of his problems when it comes to applying again. It says the award is ongoing, doesn't give a reapplication date but it's a relief. I wrote a number of A4 sheets of paper expanding on his problems apart from filling in the form, the assessor had read through them before visiting us, it all must have helped. Wow what a result.
I am glad everything has worked out. My DDs PIP award is for 10yrs, it does say on Page 2 of the award letter when they will contact you again to reapply, so my DDs is 2026.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

I'm so pleased that you got the result you deserved
I've read so many horror stories with people applying or transitioning and not getting what they should
On a diff note - hospital applied for fast track continuing health care (CHC) for my elderly mother in law on the basis they felt she was at end of life and needed to go to a care home rather than back to where she was
She was initially turned down - as one of the nurses had ticked no in one box
Consultant nurse reapplied and she was accepted - then we had to view care homes and she was then assessed as to whether she was suitable 😳
She arrived at the care home Wednesday night and passedaway Sunday morning
Prior to this it had taken 12 days for them to do their bit
She didn't quite get the end of life care she should have - thanks to bureaucracy .
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Absolutely love it,love it,excellent result and well persevered, made my day, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
I am glad everything has worked out. My DDs PIP award is for 10yrs, it does say on Page 2 of the award letter when they will contact you again to reapply, so my DDs is 2026.
You are quite right, it says February 2027. Thanks everyone for your good wishes. It's such a relief. plutofan1 I'm sorry to hear of your mother in laws distress at the end of her life, sometimes it's all too cruel.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I'm very pleased for you and your son. I remember waiting on the letter for my son, its nerve wrecking because you hear awful stories of poor people who really do need and deserve it, having it taken away.
Sigh of relief, I'm sure.
Old 9 Mar 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
OH fills in the forms for PIP and ESA for DGD. It is a daunting task for anyone to do, OH takes a few days to fill them in, to read over, make sure that there is nothing missing and then DGD mum has a look over them again to ensure we don't miss anything out. DGD has been awarded full rate for both parts of PIP, she also receives ESA.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I'm so Pleased to hear the news. It's really what your son deserves. I have heard of so many people not getting, PIP I'm glad to hear someone who has got it. I'm worried as I have heard even more changed with PIP that are coming in to place from March. Once again, it's a great bit of news and I agree with Bondy, it has been best bit of news I have heard all week. X
Old 11 Mar 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

great news--so pleased for you
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List