Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Questions regarding meal plan

I am hopefully going to DLP in the first week of July for my first visit This will be booked with the current offer of 30% off and free half board meal plan. We are looking at staying at either Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge so would get the plus plan.

My questions are:

If we were to stay 3 nights/4 days, how many meals would we get? We are probably going to check in first thing on the Monday and check out the Thursday morning (although would spend all of the Thursday in the parks). I'm just trying to work out how many extra meals we may need to buy (if any).

Am I right in saying that under the plus plan, we are entitled to the set menu only? How many courses is this for? Looking at some menus online, it seems that there are several set menus and some are main and starter or dessert and some are 3 courses. How do you know which set menu is covered under the plan? I would have assumed the cheapest?

If we didn't want the set menu, could we use the vouchers at face value for anything else off the menu?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

You'll get the vouchers for each night of your stay, so you'll probably have to buy one meal while you're there - if you want to have a sit down meal places like Annette's can be good value.

There's usually a "Plus" logo next to the set menu that your plan will cover (or next to the buffet description for a buffet). As far as I know you can order a la carte if you're using the voucher at face value but I'd assume that would be nowhere near the value for money that having a set menu would give you.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

The plus set menus are all three courses, and you get one soft drink. Even if the menu says no drink included, that just means if you were purchasing the set menu as a diner without the dining plan vouchers.
There are quite a few buffets available with the plus plan too, as with the table service restaurants, a drink is included with your voucher.
You can use your vouchers at face value, I have done this in inventions.
But to put it into perspective, I ate on a full board plan in the Yacht Club, the bill said my voucher's face value was €31, I believe. The set menu is priced at €46.99 (if I remember correctly) without a drink. This menu was included in my plan.
When I had half board the voucher was worth €38 (if my memory serves me correctly). I have absolutely no idea why the voucher values are different between full and half board. X

Edited at 04:55 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sorry to hijack a thread, but as its about meal plans I thought it appropriate to post here rather than start a new thread.

We are going to Davy Crockett in August and we have the free Half Board (which I am finding VERY confusing). Is the lunch/dinner component a buffet or is it counter service? I believe the breakfast component is some sort of grab bag containing a croissant and drink
Old 22 Mar 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Sorry to hijack a thread, but as its about meal plans I thought it appropriate to post here rather than start a new thread.

We are going to Davy Crockett in August and we have the free Half Board (which I am finding VERY confusing). Is the lunch/dinner component a buffet or is it counter service? I believe the breakfast component is some sort of grab bag containing a croissant and drink
I believe DCR is standard, so your dinner/lunch voucher is for buffets. Any 'standard' buffet is available to you. But remember you can use the vouchers as face value, and pay the extra if you wish to eat somewhere not on your plan. X

Edited at 04:02 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I believe DCR is standard, so your dinner/lunch voucher is for buffets. Any 'standard' buffet is available to you. But remember you can use the vouchers as face value, and pay the extra if you wish to eat somewhere not on your plan. X
Thanks Sarry. As we'll only be staying 2 nights I think we'll probably do the 2 buffets. We can eat elsewhere on our 3rd day.

Presumably the buffets are of the "Eat all you can cram in" type?

Cheers
Old 22 Mar 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Thanks Sarry. As we'll only be staying 2 nights I think we'll probably do the 2 buffets. We can eat elsewhere on our 3rd day.

Presumably the buffets are of the "Eat all you can cram in" type?

Cheers
Yup! I know there's one at DCR. I know at the moment standard also includes La Cantina at Santa Fe, Chuckwagon cafe at Cheyenne, La Grange at Billy bobs in the Village, restaurant des stars in Disney Studios, plaza gardens and Agrabah Cafe in the Disneyland Park. I don't think i missed any.
I ate in Agrabah and Plaza Gardens at the beginning of March. I enjoyed Agrabah, But much preferred Plaza Gardens.
Just be aware of closing times of the park restaurants, and that the hotel restaurants are only open in the evening. I'm not sure about La Grange. X
Old 22 Mar 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
You'll get the vouchers for each night of your stay, so you'll probably have to buy one meal while you're there - if you want to have a sit down meal places like Annette's can be good value.

There's usually a "Plus" logo next to the set menu that your plan will cover (or next to the buffet description for a buffet). As far as I know you can order a la carte if you're using the voucher at face value but I'd assume that would be nowhere near the value for money that having a set menu would give you.
Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful! I think we will probably just have an Earl of Sandwich for lunch on our last day as although we are spending all day in the parks, we won't be staying on site that evening.

Good to know which set menu is included!
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

The plus set menus are all three courses, and you get one soft drink. Even if the menu says no drink included, that just means if you were purchasing the set menu as a diner without the dining plan vouchers.
There are quite a few buffets available with the plus plan too, as with the table service restaurants, a drink is included with your voucher.
You can use your vouchers at face value, I have done this in inventions.
But to put it into perspective, I ate on a full board plan in the Yacht Club, the bill said my voucher's face value was €31, I believe. The set menu is priced at €46.99 (if I remember correctly) without a drink. This menu was included in my plan.
When I had half board the voucher was worth €38 (if my memory serves me correctly). I have absolutely no idea why the voucher values are different between full and half board. X
Thanks for your reply! I was just asking about the face value as I am a bit of a fussy eater and don't always like everything on the set menu. Now I know which what is included I can go back and look at the menus in more detail and see if it will work for me or not!
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Yup! I know there's one at DCR. I know at the moment standard also includes La Cantina at Santa Fe, Chuckwagon cafe at Cheyenne, La Grange at Billy bobs in the Village, restaurant des stars in Disney Studios, plaza gardens and Agrabah Cafe in the Disneyland Park. I don't think i missed any.
I ate in Agrabah and Plaza Gardens at the beginning of March. I enjoyed Agrabah, But much preferred Plaza Gardens.
Just be aware of closing times of the park restaurants, and that the hotel restaurants are only open in the evening. I'm not sure about La Grange. X
Thanks Sarry. I was thinking that we'll want to eat late afternoon, but that could change when we are actually there. I'll check out the opening times of the restaurants you listed just before we get there so I can plan better.