Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Avviexxx
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone used a Amazon Firestick in Disney Hotels?

Hi all! Random question, as i'm going alone i will probably spend the majority of the evening in my hotel room (after the parks have closed of course!)

I have an Amazon Fire Stick with amazon prime and Netflix (Trial ends after my holiday ) Just wondering if anyone has taken and used the Firestick in one of the hotels?

I have downloaded stuff to watch on my iPad, but if i can use the TV that would be even better! I think all it needs is an HDMI slot and a Internet Connection.

I'm staying in Cheyenne if that makes a difference

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapunzel27
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I know it is not exactly the same but thought might help.
I stayed in Santa Fe in November and took my apple tv which worked brilliantly. The TVs had the HDMI port and it connected to the internet no problem and i was able to stream things on to the TV. So im thinking if the firestick works in the same way you should be ok!
Old 14 Mar 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Avviexxx
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks lovely! I'll pack it just in case ^-^
Old 14 Mar 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

I took my firestick and it wouldn't work. Couldn't get the Source to switch to HDMI. I posted about it before. It was possibly just because we had a universal TV remote in our room but I cannot be sure.
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
oh please update us if your firestick works - we are going in September and was debating whether to bring mine
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Oh excellent! This will be really useful for entertaining the boys while Mummy gets some shut eye if it works! I'll be packing mine in May to see if it works.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Avviexxx
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys! Really helpful! I'm gonna pack mine and try it, will let everyone know if it works!
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You mean you aren't enthralled by the prospect of French/Spanish/German/Russian TV channels?

Actually we usually just watch 10 minutes of Sophie's "10 Things To Know Before You Go" (Hi mum!) and crash out. But one time we found a Russian channel with the Russian equivalent of Strictly on. We don't speak a word of Russian but found this very entertaining! And last time we watched 'Le Manege Enchante' (The Magic Roundabout) in which Dougal speaks French with an English accent.

Trying to watch foreign TV and figure out what the heck is going on is one of my favourite things to do in the hotel room on a European holiday. In Madrid we saw a dubbed version of Man vs Food, and discovered there is no Spanish translation for the condiment known as "Shut Up Juice"!

Then there's the music video channels. I'll never forget seeing a video for a Lily Allen song with a very rude English title, at 7am on French TV. Good job we don't have kids...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Avviexxx
slightly serious Dibber

Well the TV had an option to change to HDMI connection which was great! That meant i was able to get the main screen up on my firestick!

Unfortunately as you need to go to a web page to log in, i couldn't do that on the Firestick so couldn't stream anything

Only English thing available to watch was Hannah Montana!