Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 27 Jan 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile Special needs Disney and Universal

Hi all I have two friends ( both with husbands and both have a little boy each) who are hired a villa this July. Theyve asked me to help with some planning as they know how much I prepared last year and are a bit overwhelmed. I've spoken to them about fast passing headliner rides and preplanning if they feel this would work for them.
In terms of universal I had suggested the hotel stay one night as we found the queues horrendous there and the express passes a godsend. But now I've just realised that one of the little boys has special needs and wondered is this taken into account in that they could get a pass to help them queuing for rides ? - if they do would it only be the one family who have the wee boy who would get and not the second family as they are all obviously wanting to be together with rides etc ? Thanks in advance !
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

You might want to get this moved to the Special Needs board, I'm sure the nice folks overthere can help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooh I didn't know there was one as just asking for friends - not sure if mods can do this
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Oooh I didn't know there was one as just asking for friends - not sure if mods can do this
Just click on the little triangle at the bottom under your name. Fill in the box, it goes straight to a mod.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

It depends on the special need but Disney (no experience of Universal, sorry) have a DAS. You can have up to 6 people on the DAS. It means rather than standing in line you get a return time if the line is longer than, I think, 10 mins. Worked really well for us as DD could not queue due to her condition.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Thank you I've gave her all the links etc. This will make a massive difference to them thank you x
Old 31 Jan 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Can I suggest you look at Autismattheparks.com an amazing site for any party traveling with someone with special needs contact departure airport and both Sandford and Orlando airports have assistance available the above web site is amazing and several times f our villa guests have found it great our friends have said they find universals system better
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List