Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Jan 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Yet more MCO assistance questions, sorry.

I am travelling with my handicapped parent and brothers and have already requested assistance both ways at both airports for them.
My first question is about going through immigration, I know we will be asked to wait until the plane is empty before we can get off, but my party lives in 3 different houses so will we all be allowed to go through together, or will we have to leave my Mum and brothers and go through the main queue ourselves? Will it be better to go straight to immigration and leave them to get wheeled through? We are travelling in PE so I wonder if I'm better making a quick exit with my wife and daughter and then wait for them in luggage claim?
Next question;
When we go through immigration and collect our bags will we then be able to go through the airport together? The 2nd baggage carousel is where I wonder what we can do too, usually I carry my cases up myself but if they are going up in the lift I will not be able to manage all the cases and don't really want to have the extra wait by putting them on the carousel, but with 8 suitcases between us plus the hand luggage I can't see any other alternative. I don't want to make them wait for me, but I am the driver so they won't be able to do much until I get through to the garage.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JP13
Apprentice Imagineer

Re immigration- my experience was that they allowed myself and my sister to go through the disabled line with my mum even though we were from separate households. I did see them stop a large extended family going through with disabled grandparent ( think several adult children plus their children & it was very busy) but you should be able to go through together.
With that amount of luggage I think it's going to have to be the 2nd bag drop - I cannot see how you'll get all the bags on the escalator & on to the monorail.
JP13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for that.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would get off the plane and meet up at the luggage carousel. My parents weren't allowed through the disabled line with us and had to go to the back of the que.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
I would get off the plane and meet up at the luggage carousel. My parents weren't allowed through the disabled line with us and had to go to the back of the que.
Thanks for the info. We will head off as soon as we can and meet up at the other side.
Old 6 Feb 17, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

Our party of 4 adults were allowed to stay together
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
Our party of 4 adults were allowed to stay together
We are from 3 different addresses, would this matter? I don't want to get all the way to the immigration officer with my parents, only to be told to join the massive queue that has built up while we waited for the plane to empty so they could get the wheelchairs arranged.
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would definitely go trough separately. We had that happen a few years ago and my parents had to join he back of the que.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
I would definitely go trough separately. We had that happen a few years ago and my parents had to join he back of the que.
I think we will have too, I will regret it if I have to join the end of the queue, and we are sitting in row 19 in PE so should take advantage of getting into the immigration hall first.