Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 11 Feb 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

On our way, top post,well written,more importantly great advice, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Can I just say thanks to those who have given advice on this thread. I have never claimed any benefits before but will certainly look into this now for the sake of our dd
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
On our way, top post,well written,more importantly great advice, bondy.
Thanks Bondy, I really appreciate the comment
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

please if you are not happy with the result don't give up--they gave me 0 out of 10 for mobility even though I use crutches and a mobility scooter and have a lot of difficulty walking---I went to appeal and the ruling was overturned within 5 mins of entering the appeal room

Please everyone if it doesn't go in your favour do not give up
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi all if you about to or are waiting for you call up or thinking of claiming pip fill this in answer the questions truthfully it give you good idea if you get it

benefitsandwork/pip/indexxx.php
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Hi all if you about to or are waiting for you call up or thinking of claiming pip fill this in answer the questions truthfully it give you good idea if you get it

benefitsandwork/pip/indexxx.php
Also this site are crying out for experienced Moderators so if you can volunteer then please do so.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

MODS - I've just read what I've written and it might be too political for you. If so, my apols & please delete. Linda xx

----------

I'm sad and annoyed that good, hardworking people as yourselves have such difficulty getting help for what are clearly valid circumstances & requirements.

When you think of all the social benefit crime and wastage we hear about on telly, newspapers etc it makes you wonder how much more of that goes on.

Perhaps if they put more resources into cracking down on fraud they would have more money in the pot for people who truly need help.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

What can I say. I'm gobsmacked, amazed, shocked to the core. Four weeks tomorrow since the assessor came and have dreaded the post arriving every day. Brown envelope on the mat this morning, sat down with trembling hands to find out the result. His monthly payments have gone up - get this by 75%. I don't want to post actual figures but to say that I'm pleased for him is a bit of an understatement. I handed him the letter and he gave it me back saying I don't understand, so there's another example of his problems when it comes to applying again. It says the award is ongoing, doesn't give a reapplication date but it's a relief. I wrote a number of A4 sheets of paper expanding on his problems apart from filling in the form, the assessor had read through them before visiting us, it all must have helped. Wow what a result.

Edited at 11:45 AM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so pleased for you, it must be a great relief to get the award he deserves.
The fact that you were so thorough with the application probably helped a great deal. Sadly, not everyone who deserves an award is capable of filling the form in properly which is often why they don't get the decision they should have.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So glad to hear this it must be a huge weight off your mind! I have gone through similar with making claims for both of my parents recently, they were both awarded the enhanced rate and it has taken a huge pressure off as they had both worked all their days before taking ill. However it is still one of the most nerve wracking and stressful things I have ever done and I believe myself to be quite "savvy" with these things, god help anyone that struggles with form filling etc.