Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 2 Mar 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Assistance at MCO

Hi, we're flying out at Easter so expecting it to be a busy time! I've just finished treatment for cancer and have been told my energy levels will be still quite low when we fly. Has anyone used assistance off the plane at MCO? I've been told I should request it but not sure what it actually entails! Presumably my oh & son would come with me rather than separate us through immigration?
Thanks for your help x
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

I had assistance for my mom who is in remission from cancer in 2015. Had a wheelchair at Manchester airport and help with boarding. At MCO when we got off the plane someone was waiting with a wheelchair and took us through to the immigration hall. We all stayed together in the queue while he went to help get others off the plane. By the time he came back we had gone through and were about to get our cases. He helped collect all our cases and then I waited with mom while he and Dad took the cases up the escalators to the monorail and he came back down for mom to go up in the lift. He stayed with us all through security and even came with us to the garage to get the car. Then he helped load the car.

It was such a relief as both my parents are in their 70's and I was worried about making sure that they were ok and sorting out the luggage.

Needless to say we gave him a decent tip He was so helpful and we really appreciated it.

I wouldn't hesitate in booking assistance.

Mom was sceptical about going in the wheelchair but she was so glad she did and still does get tired very quickly.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, it is nice to have something to look forward to after having chemo.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
smurfette123
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had assistance last year for my daughter who broke her foot the day before our holiday. We requested it through Thomas Cook and we were all together as a family when going through immigration etc.

Someone was waiting with a wheelchair at both ends of our travel. It was a great help.

Kate
smurfette123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt

Mobile

Originally Posted by Baggie Bird View Post
I had assistance for my mom who is in remission from cancer in 2015. Had a wheelchair at Manchester airport and help with boarding. At MCO when we got off the plane someone was waiting with a wheelchair and took us through to the immigration hall. We all stayed together in the queue while he went to help get others off the plane. By the time he came back we had gone through and were about to get our cases. He helped collect all our cases and then I waited with mom while he and Dad took the cases up the escalators to the monorail and he came back down for mom to go up in the lift. He stayed with us all through security and even came with us to the garage to get the car. Then he helped load the car.

It was such a relief as both my parents are in their 70's and I was worried about making sure that they were ok and sorting out the luggage.

Needless to say we gave him a decent tip He was so helpful and we really appreciated it.

I wouldn't hesitate in booking assistance.

Mom was sceptical about going in the wheelchair but she was so glad she did and still does get tired very quickly.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, it is nice to have something to look forward to after having chemo.
Thankyou! This really helps, I think I will book it as I don't know what I'll be like after the flight, it's tiring enough usually!
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt

Mobile

Originally Posted by smurfette123 View Post
We had assistance last year for my daughter who broke her foot the day before our holiday. We requested it through Thomas Cook and we were all together as a family when going through immigration etc.

Someone was waiting with a wheelchair at both ends of our travel. It was a great help.

Kate
Thanks, sounds like it will be useful.
Nightmare breaking her foot the day before though 😱
Old 2 Mar 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely book it. If you don't, you might regret it when you get there, it's quite a walk, you might have to queue for a while at immigration and customs and wait a while for your bags. Would be stressful.

I used to take Mum when she was 80 and although she was fit it was still stressful for both of us.

Remember to book it for your howeward journey as well.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
definitely book it! we had it for my Dad - wheel chair assistance both ends, through immigration together and help with luggage and getting to the monorail. It was a fantastic service!

On a separate note, have a wonderful holiday - it sounds like you really deserve a lovely break
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Definitely book it. If you don't, you might regret it when you get there, it's quite a walk, you might have to queue for a while at immigration and customs and wait a while for your bags. Would be stressful.

I used to take Mum when she was 80 and although she was fit it was still stressful for both of us.

Remember to book it for your howeward journey as well.
Thankyou. It sounds as though it'll be worth booking. The thought of standing in immigration for a couple of hours fills me with dread!
Old 2 Mar 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gemsie0812 View Post
definitely book it! we had it for my Dad - wheel chair assistance both ends, through immigration together and help with luggage and getting to the monorail. It was a fantastic service!

On a separate note, have a wonderful holiday - it sounds like you really deserve a lovely break
Thanks, I'm hoping I'll be feeling a lot better but think I'll book it to be on the safe side.
We were meant to go last summer but had to cancel it, and yes it's been a tough year, so we're very excited!
Old 2 Mar 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes if you contact these people they will have someone waiting for you and will take you all through to getting your car. We used them last year were great. tsa.gov/travel/passenger-support
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List