Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Mar 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ah OK, thanks for the explanation. I don't think it would be useful for me as I always just spend on my Halifax card when in US for best exchange rate, and I'll just pay the dues on same card (think I can?). Presumably if you have one of these, you also have to carry out international money transfers into it to cover the direct debit?Surely that in itself costs because even if you use HIFX you lose a couple of cents on the £? Cheers.

Edited at 11:07 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
was just about to say we did ours via online chat as we had the same problem

very helpful as you say

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Can someone remind me please- when using the sun trust card in a shop, there are usually two options given (checking and credit I think?) - which option should I use for the sun trust account? Checking?

And for UK based cards, is that credit?

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Can someone remind me please- when using the sun trust card in a shop, there are usually two options given (checking and credit I think?) - which option should I use for the sun trust account? Checking?

And for UK based cards, is that credit?
Debit or credit. Credit is credit card, debit is debit or bank card.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Debit or credit. Credit is credit card, debit is debit or bank card.
Thanks

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

The online activation doesn't work if you are in the UK. I tried using a VPN to appear as if in the US but you then get issues with phone number, zip code, social security number, etc.

They will quickly sort it out for you if you use the online messaging from your account.
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

Slightly off-topic but has anyone else started being charged a monthly fee? I always pay in over $100 a month and that used to be sufficient to avoid charges but they have now started charging the fee. They are saying that it has always been the case that you had to have over $500 balance and that the amount you pay in never counted to avoid charges.
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I thought it was either $500 balance or $100 deposit. Maybe they've changed their T&Cs.
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Why would you want/ need this? What are the advantages? I intended paying dues on my credit card that gives me full rate foreign exchange. Why would I want a Sun Trust account and card (genuine question, I need to know if I am missing out on something). Thanks.
We have one, but only because we sold some points 2 years ago and not wishing to lose out on currency conversion, opened an account with Sun Trust. Now the timing was sheer luck. Most of the time we use our PO cc, which gives the full commercial rate, but Sun Trust has been handy for paying for fuel at the pumps - no longer have to faff around pre-paying, and for withdrawing the small amount of cash we use each trip.

Years ago we had an account with the long-since defunct Washington Mutual, opened for a similar reason, i.e. we were in receipt of a large dollar cheque, but were happy to let it go when it was taken over and emptied the account.

I can't see us ever paying in funds from the UK. Conversion rates are always a bit of a gamble. We pay our dues in 3 or 4 payments through the year, using the PO card.
Old 17 Mar 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by cpjw View Post
Slightly off-topic but has anyone else started being charged a monthly fee? I always pay in over $100 a month and that used to be sufficient to avoid charges but they have now started charging the fee. They are saying that it has always been the case that you had to have over $500 balance and that the amount you pay in never counted to avoid charges.

Just checked our account and no we have not been charged a monthly fee

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List