Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile First time to Disneyland Paris-help please ☺️

Hi everyone,

This will be our first trip to dlp. There will be me, my partner, stepdaughter who's 13 and daughter who'll be 6 the day we fly!

I just need a bit of help and advice please. We have the half board plus meal plan and I've got us booked to buffalo bills one evening and a character breakfast one morning. We're staying at Disney sequoia lodge. I'm just really struggling to figure out how much spending money we'll need. We want to be able to relax, enjoy and let the kids buy bits here and there if wanted and not be completely penny watching whilst we are over there but at the same time we aren't in a position to go wild.

Any helps or tip will be greatly appreciated ☺️☺️☺️
sarahc2116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

how much are you thinking of taking? If you have a figure in mind, we can let you know if thats doable.

How many days are you going for?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile

Sorry forgot to put how long for. We're there for five days four nights. I was thinking around the 1000 mark would be enough but I've no clue how expensive merchandise is etc?
sarahc2116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahc2116 View Post
Sorry forgot to put how long for. We're there for five days four nights. I was thinking around the 1000 mark would be enough but I've no clue how expensive merchandise is etc?
thats easily enough , you won't spend more than about £200 of that on food as you already have half board vouchers, plus Buffalo Bills and a character breakfast paid for.

What i do with my kids and spending on souvenirs is, I let them browse and window-shop to their hearts content, and then on the 2nd last day we do our "shopping", that way the kids (and you ) are buying what you really want and not just any old stuff because you see it in a shop as you're passing by. The only exception to this is kind of a family tradition with us - they get to buy a cuddly toy on their first day.

Edited at 09:12 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile

Thank you. I guess I just wanted a bit of reassurance. I'm so excited! It's a surprise for the girls on the morning we fly and I just want us to be able to have a great time ☺️
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

When we go we stay four nights, four of us and take £500 with no meal plans but I do take food and drinks with us as usually travel Eurostar.

We find that more than enough for food and we do the same as sammy kitten and let the kids choose one souvenir on the last day.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile

Missed the bottom half of your reply sammy kitten, sorry. That's a good idea with the souvenirs. I love traditions, maybe we could start one of our own for our first time!

Thank you Mrs benny, that is definitely reassuring that we'll have enough.
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We took £600 for four of us for five days, and really didn't need to. We had half board (when the pause gourmande was included) and realised three days in that the only money we'd spent was on my birthday present (we arrived on my birthday.) Breakfast, a mid-afternoon buffet, and late afternoon snack was all the food we needed, and we just used the water fountains to fill bottles for drinks.

The children had been window shopping a lot, so when we realised nearly all of our money was sitting untouched, we took them to choose a soft toy each, then a new nightie each the next day, then they got to choose a toy each on the last day. They were both torn between two toys, so I sneaked back while dh set off back to the hotel with them, and bought the other two toys to put away for a surprise at Christmas - they loved that!
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Sorry, that was more of a 'how to spend lots of money' rather than 'how much money you need'! Next holiday, we're planning to take £100 to cover spending money, another £100 to buy surprise Christmas gifts for when we get home (we leave on Christmas Eve, so at least we won't have to wait four months to surprise them this time!) and £100 for miscellaneous expenses. (We'll have half board and will be taking snacks to keep us going.) £300 should be fine for us, and we could choose to take much less, but we want to be able to hit the shops without having to penny-pinch!
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
With our DD we have always given her a daily allowance (that she only gets if she has been good - she always gets it!). She can either spend it each day as she gets it or save it up and buy a more substantial item. She knows not to pester for stuff as she is always told "well, you have your allowance if you want it". Its amazing how much stuff she likes, but doesn't like enough to buy