Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Sep 06, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Maytime Munchies - Alfredos

Alfredos

Considering we were meeting up with Bob, Dawn, Mike and Amanda for dinner at Teppanyaki tonight, I confess we were being a bit on the greedy side today.
We easily justified our excess though, as we’d missed out on a proper dinner last night.
After watching Fantasmic and getting the boat from MGM back to the Boardwalk we perused the menus at Spoodles and the Flying Fish. Both looked good but we realised weren’t awfully hungry.
It was getting on for 10pm and we decided we actually fancied having just a small snack and some drinkies in the Bellevue Lounge.
Having had a very enjoyable evening up here with JJ, Jules, Mike and Amanda earlier in the week, we got quite attatched to this cosy bar during our trip – and another bonus was that it was only a short, scenic wobble round the Boardwalk, back to the Yacht Club.

Back to lunch at Alfredos…..

We’d only had orange juice and coffee for breakfast, so by the time we got halfway round World Showcase we felt a sudden and desperate need for some food.
Alfredos was just about to open its doors, so after a quick glance at the menu we immediately secured a table for two.
Alfredos is a very popular restaurant, it filled up fast and soon became quite loud, especially for lunch time.
The tables for two are very close together, so you quickly get to know your fellow dining companions - not the place for an intimate repast. As on a previous visit I spent almost as much time chatting with our neighbours as I did to Paul.
The larger tables allow a bit more personal space and the dining room is quite opulent – lots of heavy drapes, sparkly chandeliers and magnificent murals.

Our server was a very pretty and charming young lady called Katya from Naples.
Paul enjoyed flirting with her, and I enjoyed chatting with her about the Amalfi Coast and her Nona’s little vegetable garden in Napoli. She was very sweet.
We ordered quickly (for us) and Katya promptly brought us some bread and some tasty olive oil for dipping.
Firstly we had the Mozarrella alla Caprese
The tomatoes were fresh and fruity and the mozzarella excellent, as good as I’ve had in Italy.
We each had a glass of house wine, a Pinio Grigio, which sadly was neither fresh nor fruity. Not recommended.

Whilst we were waiting for our next course the phone rang.
It was Mike, checking if we were still on for dinner tonight.
Sure we were, we’re looking forward to meeting up again - just got to finish eating this lot first Mike.
Our gluttonous ways had been rumbled.
Red-faced we continued with lunch……

Paul had Fettucine Alfredo, which although initially delicious, was so buttery, cheesy and calorifically creamy it became far too cloying and it actually defeated him. He didn’t leave much though!
I had the Lasagne. I very rarely eat meat lasagne. In fact, now I think about it, I’ve only had it once in about 20 years so can’t compare it with others I’ve had.
I don’t know what meat they used, as a former vegetarian myself I closed my mind to it.
It was very rich and creamy, with a lot of cheese which I liked and not too heavy on the tomato sauce, which I also liked.
It was pretty tasty and hit the spot, but I wished I’d ordered a side salad to help cut through the richness of it.
I thought that at $15 each, both dishes were somewhat overpriced.

I wasn’t going to have any dessert, but Paul had already seen the tempting array of treats displayed on the way in. He couldn’t resist and ordered the dessert sampler.
Let’s see if I can remember what was on the plate…
Clockwise from the top, there was Tiramisu, Cannoli, Panna Cotta and a Chocolate sponge thingy.
I had a small bite from each and most of the Tiramisu. Everything was good but a bit overly sweet for me. Paul somehow managed to polish off the rest!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 06, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds very nice, although pity about the wine I know how much u enjoy your wine
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 06, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

panna cotta for me please

Shame about the wine

Jackie

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 06, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do like Alfredo's but agree about the pasta - when it arrives you think the portion is quite small but it's so rich you just can't get through it! MIght try the lasagne next time - sounds just the way I like it. Love the dessert sampler. Shame about your wine though.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 06, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

The desserts are beautifully presented. Everything sounds lovely.
Old 23 Sep 06, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sue we have never got around to trying here but after seeing those desserts I think we should lol,

Dawn
Old 23 Sep 06, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kirlie91
Imagineer

kirlie91's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
yummmmm and yummmmmm again

May 05/A S Movies - Toy Story
May 06/Villa Remington. May 2007/Villa Calabay Parc.
Nov/Dec 08 - Orange Lake. April 2012 - Orange Lake. August 2015 - Orange Lake.
kirlie91 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 07, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for posting.
Old 9 Jul 07, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List