Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Victoria and Alberts

Victoria and Alberts Food Report

Monday 5th December 2005

Diners Bob and Dawn

Victoria and Alberts is Central Florida’s only 5-star restaurant and is located on the 2nd Floor, in the main building of the luxurious Disney’s Grand Floridian.

Dress is formal where men are required to wear a jacket when in the dining area and eveningwear is required to be worn by women, but they can alternatively sport smart dress suits.
The whole dining experience takes up to 3 hours and there are two main sittings with the earlier one at 6pm and the later 9pm.
The dining room, which is divided into sections by ornate pillars, is elegantly decorated and includes approx 20 tables, these are set with unique V&A dinner service, and in addition there is a stunning centrepiece containing beautiful flowers.
The lighting is slightly subdued which adds to the romantic feel, as does the music played by the harpist situated near the main door.

When you arrive at the entrance you are greeted by the maitre d’hotel who accompanies you to your table and when seated he places your napkin before leaving to attend to his other customers and duties.
Your Victoria and Albert make their introductions and hand you your own personalised menu, then one of them leaves and the other gives a comprehensive rundown of the dining choices on the menu.
The meal is seven courses and can be accompanied by wine pairings for an extra charge, this is highly recommended, as the choice is usually a great addition to the overall experience.
The Amuse Bouche is the only course without choices where the others have at least 3 to choose from.
Our experience

As this was our third visit to this prestigious restaurant where we have fully enjoyed the complete experience on the previous occasions then we were not expecting an improvement but we were wrong as this time outweighed the previous visits.
Prior to leaving home we received a phone call from Victoria and Alberts to confirm out reservation and discuss the menu, I informed the caller that I would be completely in the hands of the chef but Dawn does not like fish or shellfish.
In previous visits Dawn has left the fish course, which in hindsight was better for me because I got to eat these dishes as well.

We dressed for dinner. I wore a suit I brought from home and Dawn wore a champagne coloured evening dress and shawl.

We arrived some 10 minutes early and had a few minutes wait before we were seated, because of this the maitre d’hotel apologised profusely.
The restaurant was very busy but still had a relaxed romantic feel about it. Kim served us in the main; she also described the menu in detail to us before leaving us to make our decision.

Dawns menu

Bobs menu

Our Selection

Amuse Buche

First Course

Dawn:- Long Island Smoke Duck

Bob:- Ahi Tuna with Maine Lobster

Old 19 May 06, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Second Course
Dawn:- Pan Roasted Foie Gras and Apple Tart, Apple Cider Reduction.
Bob:- Roulade of Free Range Chicken with Truffled Mushroom Duxelle.

Fish Course
Dawn:- Sweet Dumpling Squash Cream with Delicata Squash
Bob:- Maine Scallop with Roasted Fennel, Artichokes and Satsuma Tangerines

Main Course
Dawn:- Berkshire Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Cranberry Bean Cassoulet.
Bob:- Marcho Farms Veal with Roasted Beet and Veal Cheek “Lasagne”

Fifth Course
Dawn:- Lemon Lime Sorbet with Micro Garden Mint
Bob:- Beaufort, Garrotxa and English Stilton Cheesecake

Dessert Course
Dawn:- Orange Scented Mascarpone in a chocolate nest
Bob:- Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee

Old 19 May 06, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Finalising the meal with Celebes Coffee and Friandise.

During the meal we were approached by the maitre d’hotel who stated that they were highly complemented and the chef was honoured that I was photographing their food and we were given a glass of the Royal Tokaji Azsu Essencia, Mad Tokaj-Hegyalja 1993 which is an extra on the menu at $70.00 for a 3 oz glass.
This wine was heavenly and we could easily see why it attracted a high price tag.

The meal, surrounding and service was second to none and we enjoyed every second of it, the only problem that it leaves us is where do we go from here? As nothing else can compare.
Prior to leaving the restaurant Dawn was presented with a single red rose and a chocolate as we were celebrating her birthday this holiday.

Rating:- 10/10 fantastic service, peaceful surrounding and first class meal.
Bob
Old 19 May 06, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

UMMMMMMM what lovely food, made me hungry

Tracy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 06, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh WOW! That sounded - and Looked fantastic

Love Suexx
Old 20 May 06, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

It sounds like the ultimate dining experience. The foods looks too good to eat... almost
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 06, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lthewliss
Imagineer

lthewliss's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow! Looks amazing, off to find your other reports!
Old 21 May 06, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Bob and dawn, thank you for posting such a wonderful food report, the comparissons in the menu have really helped me as I dont eat fish either, so it was a relief to see that they will accomodate me with no fuss! I am so excited about going here with my dear mum for a special treat
Old 9 Jul 07, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for posting.